Club 1872 funding | Club 1872 purchase more shares

12 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Is spending money elsewhere that could go into the club a good thing?

I could go along to Ibrox and give my support. I could pay for a ticket or sneak in without paying. I'm still giving my support. Are both good things? Do you rank them equally?

But why ask the question when you've been read the arguments many times before and just dismiss the view that Rangers should the ones that benefit as "pessimism and the odd cynical remark". 

What's so negative about cash that could have gone into the club is going elsewhere? Do you really need that explained?

Well, much of the reaction given to the first and this statement on here is negative.

Yes, I do see the point in putting money into the club directly via new shares, should they become available. I do see the spot of bother regarding not buying shares from the club when they were availabe but seemingly telling people that there were no options.

The end goal of Club 1872 is to secure a major sharehold in the club, so that it is safeguarded from the likes of Murray (not sure what gunslinger's remark is for?) or Whyte/Green/Ashley et al. Be that 25+1 % or whatever. At a time when nigh all major shareholders are Bears anyway, that goal may not be that important, of course. Yet, on the other hand, how likely is it that such an amount of shares will exclusively become available to Club 1872 again? He might just as well sold it all up to all/other/new shareholders, increasing their sharehold and in turn leave Club 1872 with the 5 % +/- that they have. Maybe people are also unwillinging to hand their money to King (i.e. the major saviour of Rangers FC), paying him some of his investment back ... despite also enhancing one own's foothold in the club.

So getting to this 25% sharehold via new shares or those from King is essentially working to Club 1872's goal ... the only point of debate seemingly is administrative stuff with people wanting to have a word where their input is going to. Not sure what your remark re sneaking into the ground without pay has to do with this.

But money shall go directly into the club. "My money" shall go that way, is the mantra of the day. Fair enough. I am still under the impression that every supporter of the Club 1872 schemes can decide which way his/her money goes, can they not? Legacy shares for King's hold, normal shares as per wish? So far I have not received an answer to that question. It would be the reasonable way of Club 1872 to spread the money invested by its members and so far I have not anything to the contrary. At least not in their data.

As it happens, the jackpot for the German version of Eurojackpot stands on Euro 72m this Friday, an ominous number. I'm off to get my ticket ...

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Worse than that, it's like we think the only antidote to David Murray is replacing him with Club1872. Only, beyond blind faith, we're not allowed to know how Club1872 will act any differently.

That's some comparison ... :facepalm:

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

I do see the spot of bother regarding not buying shares from the club when they were availabe but seemingly telling people that there were no options.

Spot of bother? 

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

That's some comparison ... :facepalm:

You've just acknowledged the dishonesty over previously rejecting the opportunity to buy shares from the club but you can't see the comparison?

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

But money shall go directly into the club. "My money" shall go that way, is the mantra of the day. Fair enough. I am still under the impression that every supporter of the Club 1872 schemes can decide which way his/her money goes, can they not? Legacy shares for King's hold, normal shares as per wish? So far I have not received an answer to that question. It would be the reasonable way of Club 1872 to spread the money invested by its members and so far I have not anything to the contrary. At least not in their data.

As it happens, the jackpot for the German version of Eurojackpot stands on Euro 72m this Friday, an ominous number. I'm off to get my ticket ...

C1872 turned down the chance to buy shares from Rangers on more than one occasion. They then did the deal with King and heavily promoted it. People paid money to C1872 for the King deal as it appeared to be the only one on offer. The club then went public and said that they would be happy for C1872 to invest in new shares, despite suggestions from C1872 that this was not possible. C1872 then paid over the cash already received to King and did not give those who had donated the opportunity to decide where they wanted their cash to go, so, no, members did not get the opportunity to decide where their cash went.

It seems that any "legacy" cash invested over the next 6 months will go to the club, but after that C1872 will revert back to paying it to King, even if the club need more.

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Good luck. ?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Worse than that, it's like we think the only antidote to David Murray is replacing him with Club1872. Only, beyond blind faith, we're not allowed to know how Club1872 will act any differently.

not sure anyone said that. Pretty sure Club 1872 can't just dispose of it's shares but no expert. certainly not for a quid. 

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

not sure anyone said that. Pretty sure Club 1872 can't just dispose of it's shares but no expert. certainly not for a quid. 

The issue isn't disposal of shares but disposal of supporter donations into the pocket of an individual rather than the club, while being less than truthful (as generous a description as I can muster) about the reasons for doing so.

I don't know about you but one of the lessons I took from the Murray debacle was to sit up and take notice when someone makes dishonest statements about acquiring Rangers shares and to question the motivations of those making them. We ended up in administration because of dishonesty. We spent years in the wilderness because of dishonesty. Should we now just ignore dishonesty because we find it uncomfortable to question that which we might have previously endorsed?

22 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

and here i thought it was because we had no control over the bulk of the shares and who they went to. 

silly me

"we"?

"control"?

"bulk"?