Like most Gersnetters I was viewing Rangers TV's live broadcast of today's fixture at Ibrox, against Dundee United. Clive Tyldesley was commentating and Kevin Thomson added colour. It was a more exciting match than most at the Stadium. The first half hour saw the Tangerines elicit terror. We are grateful for Greegs  being the epitome of a Stopper. This passage of play had Kevin Thomson concentrating on the band of pigeons feasting on scattered seeds in front of the Broomloan. 

As Rangers ran into a two-zero lead before half time, Tyldesley took RTV into Test Match Special territory. It was befitting of old Johnners, speculation on whether the pigeons were east or west enders ensued. Thomson increased the ante saying, "if any support would support every individual pigeon on the Ibrox pitch, it would be Rangers supporters". Then, the Director ordered the cameramen to provide wide lens shots of the feral winged wonders. 

I admit to a weakness when visiting northern France, any table d'hote menu featuring breast of wood pigeon and boudin noir in a red wine jus accompanied with a couple of glasses of pinot noir, is a must have. Pigeons can be special, Skinner proved it, Winkie was awarded the Dikins Medal, and Dick Dastardly spent endless TV hours attempting to stop Yankee Doodle. 

I feel strongly, the Club must acknowledge our avian brothers and sisters, let's celebrate the Doo Order.

9 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Blofeld.

Blowers was on TV the other day, regaling the audience with the tale of how he and others drove from Chelsea to Mumbai (Bombay, as it was then known) in a Rolls Royce. to cover the !st test against India. 

Sometime in the 70s, as far as I recall. 

No pigeons, but I think that they managed some game birds on the way....