Sectarian singing again, SPL have noted it

I see we've been at it again today. *** during Follow Follow and as an add-on to The Sash as well. Opening day of the season, live on TV, following lots of warnings for the last year and what do we do? Talk about shooting fish in a barrel, we've been well warned so who knows what's going to happen.

My concern is that we're running out of warnings and there's only so much the authorities can take before they'll try to make an example of us.

today was a bit of a disgrace today. Pretty much sectarian singing from the first whistle to the last. A sad day, what will it take for these idiots to learn that this cannot go on

a huge metal container on a sunken ship.:mad:

People have been complaining that certain songs we sing aren't sectarian and we should have a right to sing them. Which is fine. But what they seem to be missing is that certain songs will be banned at this rate because of the add-ons.

We do need a list of what's offensive, but anyone with half a brain cell who is a fan of our club should know that *** is going to get us in to trouble. And yes, there's been people saying already that its all a conspiracy against us and that its not fair that other fans get away with singing what they like etc.

Pretty depressing that this is still a problem after everything that's been said recently.

Yes, docking points is an option, but I don't think its as straightforward as that, particularly if the club is actively seen to be doing something about the problem. I'm just worried that we must be close to a last warning already given what happened last season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sectarian chanting appears to be more problematic at away games, am I right? From what I can remember of the chanting at Ibrox on Tuesday it was all very well behaved.

Can the SPL or whichever authorities ban our fans from away games? Obviously this would lead to other certian problems - our fans masquerading as home supporters and potentially causing trouble.

The major problem is changing the minds of the 'hardcore' who think it is acceptable to chant these types of things. Easier said than done tho...

I think banning away supporters is maybe the next move. I cant see what else the club can do. It would hurt other clubs more than us though, can you imagine the size of the crowd if we were to go play Gretna at Fir Park?

It is not often that I agree with Jim Traynor but he summed it up yesterday - the idiots that continue to ruin our fine songs with these add-ons are NOT Rangers supporters its as simple as that.

Anyone who continues to participate in behaviour that will see us docked points simply isn't a Rangers fan. As Eightball says, this problem is noe consigned to our away support and I'm sorry, but the exuses of drink etc ain't gonna wash. We have to eradicate this now.

We're screwed this time, I can see a 10-point deduction coming our way. Our title challenge could be over when it' just began........when will these lads learn ??

I don't think it'll come to this. If we are found guilty (and we will be) we will receive a warning from the SPL and SFA. However, if it continues, then we will be fined.

It will also be intereting to see what the SPL rep says after the Edinburgh derby tomorrow and after Scumtics first away game.

Cammy F

I was listening to Traynor yesterday and I was genuinely surprised by his take on it - that it was now a minority and that they clearly weren't Gers fans. Not the usual response we've come to expect from him.

I'm still worried by the response to yesterday online by some Bears though.