ââ?¬Å?Rangers Deducted 3 Points and Fined Ã?£250,000ââ?¬Â� ââ?¬â?? Itââ?¬â?¢s Getting Closer...

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or tongue in cheek calscot, but either way you make a good point. Why is it worse to hate somebody because of their colour or religion than for the football team they support?

This is a very valid point and one that could be used regarding The Billy Boys. If it is unacceptable to be up to your knees in fe**** blood, surely it is also unacceptable to be to your kness in Hibee, Ayr, Killie, Arab etc blood? Well, not according to the Scottish media, SFA, SPL and Uefa - go figure...

Cammy F

Well BC2, some of your fellow fans don't agree with your definition - this badge was taken of a CFC website -

311ob2.jpg

EDIT - also remember hearing your fans singing a version of Roamin' In The Glomin (sp) with the line 'With St Patricks Fen*** band'.....

As far as I am aware, the Fen*** movement is now part of the Ancient Order Of Hiberian will is still alive and kicking in this, and other countries.

But like you say, better to agree to disagree....!

Cammy F

And the other definition in my Chambers definition is 'a member of an association of Irish people founded in New York in 1857 for the overthrow of the British government in Ireland'. Surely you will accept that it is not a coincidence that the badge you have posted represents a New York Celtic fans group. Surely you will also accept that the vast majority of people using the word have no knowledge of 19th century American-Irish history, and even in the unlikely event they do, thay are not referring to this when they use the word.

well sir how do you explain the james connelly march every year in edinburgh it is a regular haunt for all the celtic fans to come out in full regalia and sing all the rebel songs under the sun, so i'm afraid you are wrong with the above quote.

No sir, you are wrong. This is the James Connelly march. You may regard him as a f*****, but this does not make it a f***** walk.

And the other definition in my Chambers definition is 'a member of an association of Irish people founded in New York in 1857 for the overthrow of the British government in Ireland'. Surely you will accept that it is not a coincidence that the badge you have posted represents a New York Celtic fans group. Surely you will also accept that the vast majority of people using the word have no knowledge of 19th century American-Irish history, and even in the unlikely event they do, thay are not referring to this when they use the word.

In that case, what has it got to do with Celtic Football Club and a Celtic Supporters Club? Why are they referring to themselves as fe*** bhoys?

Going by those rules, it is OK for Celtic fans to refer to themselves as fe**** but no one else can? A bit like afro-americans calling each other n******???

So are they Celtic f*****s, New York f*****'s, or just f*****'s? And is it OK for me to call them F*****'s

Cammy F - Confused Loyal RSC

This is a very valid point and one that could be used regarding The Billy Boys. If it is unacceptable to be up to your knees in fe**** blood, surely it is also unacceptable to be to your kness in Hibee, Ayr, Killie, Arab etc blood? Well, not according to the Scottish media, SFA, SPL and Uefa - go figure...

Cammy F

I suppose the next question is if you DO think f***** and Killie blood are no different, then should we be more accepting of f***** blood or more condemning of Killie blood? Worth bearing in mind how sickened many of us (myself included) were with the treatment of your coloured players last night.

In that case, what has it got to do with Celtic Football Club and a Celtic Supporters Club? Why are they referring to themselves as fe*** bhoys?

Going by those rules, it is OK for Celtic fans to refer to themselves as fe**** but no one else can? A bit like afro-americans calling each other n******???

So are they Celtic f*****s, New York f*****'s, or just f*****'s? And is it OK for me to call them F*****'s

Cammy F - Confused Loyal RSC

Let me try and help with your confusion Cammy.

If the badge of the fans club you had discovered during your extensive research had come from any other city in the world, I would concede you might have a point. It surely is not a coincidence, however, that the one example you can come up with involves the very city where the word was first used in a context that few in the west of Scotland know anything about. I will try to find out for sure, but I have little doubt this group are genuinely making reference to their 19th century predecessors than trying to be ironic.

On a related theme, in a previous incarnation;) I distinctly recall a member on here with the user name something (?Steve) the hun.

No member on here by that name as long as I've been admin.

Fact is fen!an is irrelevant and easily replaced by something less offensive. Same goes for 'hun'.

Both should go and the widespread use of 'hun' by opposition fans (not just Celtic btw) - literally very similar to fen!an - is hypocritical to say the least.

I don't doubt your word Frankie, but please don't doubt mine. I accept there is no Steve the Hun looking in your members list tonight, but he certainly used to be a member. I'm not 100% certain Steve was his name but 'the Hun' bit was definitely correct.

As I've said to Cammy above, I agree h** is now as unacceptable as f*****, but I don't think that was always the case.

Steve requested himself a long time ago that his username be changed. Not sure if he still posts and cant remember what he changed the name to but do know HE wanted it changed himself.

As I say, a very long time ago

Steve requested himself a long time ago that his username be changed. Not sure if he still posts and cant remember what he changed the name to but do know HE wanted it changed himself.

As I say, a very long time ago

Thanks jonc. Nice to know I'm not imagining things.

I think the fact he wanted to change his username backs up perfectly what I've been saying - the connotations of the word 'hun' have changed over the last few years.