Is the sun shining that wee bit brighter today?

I think we're all more than aware of the concerns of many of the Rangers fans when it comes to the reporting of certain issues by the media. Sometimes, these concerns are extremely valid and on occasion not so obvious or correct.

Certainly, Rangers themselves, as well as the fans and players, haven't helped themselves in this regard.

From players writing *** autographs; to the club taking too long to instigate positive dialogue with the fans; to the fans (or at least a small minority of them) still wanting to imbibe our great songs with daft add-ons - there have been many reasons why our media coverage isn't as positive as it could be. Certainly, we can have no complaint when we let ourselves down so damn easily.

However, one does detect a small change over the last few days...

1. I have never seen the Rangers support (at large) react so strongly to a few idiots letting us down. I think the '*** Brigade' may find their attempts thwarted in the future to be foolish within our excellent away support.

2. Graham Spiers and Jim Traynor - strong opponents of sectarianism and some may say selective in their crusades - have admitted that Derry's Walls and the Sash are not offensive per se and we should not be challenged if these songs are sung correctly.

3. The new Scottish Executive administration have at last admitted the whole sectarianism campaign is over-publicised and no where near as bad as some commentators would have us believe.

4. The club have admitted their PR has to be better and after initial MediaHouse work on improving our overall image, they are now supposedly working upon a different strategy when it comes to lies, half-truths and rumour-mongering amongst the Fourth Estate.

5. Our manager, after being disrespected by one such mischief-maker, left him (and his employers) in no doubt that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated by him.

All the above shows that the Rangers support can achieve results when we feel hard done by. This is not to say we don't deserve criticism or negative stories - we often do and one would never suggest we don't - but it's good to know that we can work towards helping ensure the media do report accurately, do report fairly and if they don't our club takes action.

We've had a very positive start to the season bears. A few decent results (if unspectacular), a few decent signings (if also unspectacular) and despite the problems at Inverness, this issue may well turn in our favour.

As such, what this shows, is that when united, the Rangers fans (together with the club) can help turn around our fortunes. Yes, we still have many problems and many challenges ahead of us, but is it me or is the sun shining that wee bit brighter this morning...?

WATP

I think you're right Frankie. In amongst all the usual crap in the papers over the last few days, Britney and Traynors' reactions were very interesting. I've also been amazed by some of the online stuff about the *** add-ons. I posted yesterday that I think this is the first time where I've ever seen so many posts which understand that the *** has to stop for the good of our club.

I remain to be convinced about the club's attitude to PR, but in the mean time, David Edgar continues to impress me and at the moment is doing the job that DM should be doing himself or paying someone to do.

And I also had a chuckle at WS in that press conference. I think its great that he's in charge just now as he won't take any shit from the press.

And what's that you say? 3 clean sheets in 3 games? Compare our defending to how we played at the start of last season.

I'm very optimistic about the season ahead.

Last night at the game i kept hearing Rangbers fans voices all the time so i am asuming that BBC were told to put microphones on around the gers fans.

which i never heard 1 thing sectarian that was sung and i think the Rangers away support should be applauded, i dont know if this is reconized in todays papers or not as i havent seen any.

Last night at the game i kept hearing Rangbers fans voices all the time so i am asuming that BBC were told to put microphones on around the gers fans.

which i never heard 1 thing sectarian that was sung and i think the Rangers away support should be applauded, i dont know if this is reconized in todays papers or not as i havent seen any.

The only thing i hear clearly around the 75th minute mark was someone shout 'get intae them Rangers, this team are f*cking shite!' lol.

How long before the lying scumbags in the media say it was us who racially abused Run DMB? Well, they have previous, some of them have printed that it was us who racially abused Mark Walters on his Rangers debut and throw bananas at him....

Cammy F - Cynical Ole Bassa Loyal RSC

I did read about the microphone stuff on FF, but I have to say that place is getting more paranoid by the day and I don't buy in to much of it.

seconded. lets not become bitter. wistful magnamony (?) is the way forward.