New Uddingston bar: Lounge 72 sneak peak

Looking very nice indeed but glad I won't be paying @26th of foot's renewal price this and next summer even if he and his fellow big wigs will be back at Ibrox before the rest of us plebs... ;)

EDIT: This is actually a new bar in Uddingston so an easy hike for 26th, @Tannochsidebearand @johnnykwhenever they fancy a cold one... :D

Looks good but the price hike is something else.

Just double checked and this is a bar in Uddingston, not the updated Bar72.  Or am I mistaken?

Edited by Gonzo79

26 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Looking very nice indeed but glad I won't be paying @26th of foot's renewal price this and next summer even if he and his fellow big wigs will be back at Ibrox before the rest of us plebs... ;)

A good friend and his wife invited me and mine to lunch at Argyll House, Christmas week. A good day, and I dropped down to Bar'72 to see if any progress had been made in refurbishment? It had not been touched and I was comfortable with that. I liked the functional bar, accompanying bar stools and, decorated by frescos of celebrating Bears in Barca. The suggestions box was still sitting behind the bar, I penned a hopeful sarcastic note of conning towers with machine guns to prevent non-lanyard wearing poor people from gaining entry.

After my legitimate grumbling about pricing out a lot of good(many elderly) Rangers supporters, I paid for two seasons. I have received a match day programme for every game and RTV. Still, I have NOT received my lanyard. 

The warm wood ambience, Italian ceramic bathrooms, waitress service, ...... etc will appeal to some? I go to Ibrox to watch the Rangers.

I am beginning the nostalgia thread for old Bar'72 - a homage to the plastic Bodega. Will the new Lounge'72 serve a chilled Tio Pepe extra dry fino sherry?

55 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Looks good but the price hike is something else.

Just double checked and this is a bar in Uddingston, not the updated Bar72.  Or am I mistaken?

You're right, my mistake! :D:D

• Frankie changed the title to New Uddingston bar: Lounge 72 sneak peak