An Achtung, Attention Alert!

There are similarities in BBC Scotland reporting of Rangers supporters celebrating a Premiership title and the Tartan Army's visit to London.

Twenty thousand appears to be the accepted figure for both instances. Initially, BBC Scotland reported 28 arrests at George Square. Since regular mugshots have appeared in national newspapers courtesy of Police Scotland, I believe another 14 have been arrested? Last night, the Met' Police have reported 30 arrests in central London directly involving the Tartan Army. I don't know if the Met' plan further release of mugshots?

Both instances have similar characteristics in large scale drunkeness, release of pyrotechnics, large scale litter, destruction of public property, ........... etc.

The difference is there are no politicians lining up to make political capital out of the second event. The First Minister has made no comment, the Deputy First Minister has made no comment, the Justice Minister has made no comment and, Police Scotland has made no comment. Interestingly, the usual suspects have made no comment on their social media feeds and, are not demanding the FM, ..... etc make any comment.

As Stuart Cosgrove is forever telling us, "this is new, modern Scotland".

I used to believe someone could be a ScotNat and a Rangers supporter but that it would inevitably mean compromising allegiance on one side or the other. I've changed my opinion. Such are the direct and specific nature of nationalist attacks on our club and its followers that supporting Rangers, as I understand Rangers, is surely utterly incompatible with being a Scottish nationalist. The two are travelling in such diametrically opposed directions and pose such existential threat to each other that co-existence seems impossible. The only decision to make about a ScotNat who says he/she/it supports Rangers is where to place them on the spectrum between liar and fantasist.

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

The only decision to make about a ScotNat who says he/she/it supports Rangers is where to place them on the spectrum between liar and fantasist.

Is it not just a mild form of Schizophrenia?

On 19/06/2021 at 11:54, ian1964 said:

This is on the SNP twitter!!!?

I remember her standing on her podium like the supreme leader telling us all to judge her on education, well if this stupid bint thinks a nil ,nil draw is brilliant she's stark raving mad.