Rangers director reveals Ibrox expansion blueprint plans to boost capacity

57 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Demolishing the main stand and building a three tier super stand would be like dumping Brigitte Bardot to go out with Katie Price.  

It's like me its had its day 

Someone said to me the other day, wasn't it impressive we have a 10,000 waiting list for season tickets. I said if that was the number then it was a tragedy we had to leave at least £5million on the table every year because we couldn't sell what people apparently want to buy. frankly, if that's the situation then the stadium simply is no longer fit for purpose. Most of it is 50 years old and the main stand, despite relatively recent improvements, is all but 100 years old and no longer providing what we need. Sentimentality is understandable but we need to be  club that leads change, not one that's shackled by the past.

Ibrox is currently about the right size.  

There's no money for any grand refurb job, as things stand anyway.  Little bits, here and there is how it'll go.  

I'd rather we focus on fielding a winning side.  The last time we demolished stands we waited a while for a league win. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Someone said to me the other day, wasn't it impressive we have a 10,000 waiting list for season tickets. I said if that was the number then it was a tragedy we had to leave at least £5million on the table every year because we couldn't sell what people apparently want to buy. frankly, if that's the situation then the stadium simply is no longer fit for purpose. Most of it is 50 years old and the main stand, despite relatively recent improvements, is all but 100 years old and no longer providing what we need. Sentimentality is understandable but we need to be  club that leads change, not one that's shackled by the past.

It's weird because there's almost always about 5k no shows per game, hence initiatives like Seatsub, MyGers point bonuses and reprints restricted to in person ticket holders.

17 hours ago, Bill said:

A few years ago I had season tickets for the Club Deck. Other than oxygen issues reaching the summit of those stairs, it was depressing to see buckets set out to collect rainwater leaking through the roof and black mould everywhere. I then moved downstairs to the main stand front and again the physical structure of the building was appalling. Improvements in the last couple of years have come as such a relief. 

I loved the Club deck, had a season ticket for couple of seasons up there. Back then it was still quite fresh though. The only fault up their for me was unless you were a midget you left every game with bruised knees as there is zero leg room. Im average height - no idea what it must feel like for guys 6ft plus.

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

I loved the Club deck, had a season ticket for couple of seasons up there. Back then it was still quite fresh though. The only fault up their for me was unless you were a midget you left every game with bruised knees as there is zero leg room. Im average height - no idea what it must feel like for guys 6ft plus.

You're so right and that was the main reason I moved. God knows what size of supporter the CD was designed for. I moved to the front row of the main stand and the sheer luxury of not having my knees lacerated every game is marvellous.

The views from the Club Deck, nearer the front, are quite good but I prefer to be close to the pitch.  

The best view at Ibrox is from the Govan Rear, front and central. It's perfect.