Rangers 1 : 0 Red Star - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Broadfoot was terrible for the first half-hour but thankfully he did improve.

I disagree a bit with JCD i thought he played well and worked hard and was always a danger. I rated him higher than Broadfoot and Fergie, A 7 for me for him. I am still totally impressed with Carlos Cuellar he did make one mistake today to allow a good shot at goal but he really looks solid with excellent tackles.

Fergie's performance should be mitigated with the fact he was very closely marshalled. They obviously seen him as the main danger man.

His passes were poor as he didn't seem to twig that we were playing deep while they were pushing up, therefore over the top balls from midfield meant straight to goalkeeper or offside.

Broadfoot did have a nervy start and looked like a weak link; however, he needs time to settle into a bigger club with more pressure, so lets hope we give him a proper chance instead of picking on him.

Cuellar is an early candidate for player of the year, he's a great find, if PLG had spotted him he might have kept his job - but looking forward, I'm pretty happy so far with WS.

Yeah, Ferguson was well-marked but sometimes I feel he's over elaborate on the ball and slows down the game too much.

It can't be hard with only one target man to aim for but that's why he should have allowed Thomson/Hemdani to do the recycling role and stayed further forward to support the attack.

Cuellar is quite simply outstanding but I think his Rangers future may well be decided by our CL qualification. If we don't qualify and miss out on the £5-10million finance, we may move him on early to compensate.

After how poor Boumsong was for Newcastle, I'm not sure if EPL teams would risk that kind of money again.

If we were offered 8M for Cuellar now, I wouldn't want it. Our defence is incredibly solid at the moment and he would be far too difficult to replace.

We've made a major investment in the team already, I think we need to run with it and do everything to keep our best players.

Broadfoot had a bit of a bad start but it is a move up for him - so I think overall he did very well.

Cuellar MoM for me, tackles were excellent. Bazza again was excellent but he did have a few sloppy passes.

JCD was a tireless worker but again he got no service. Cousin and Novo got the service and really opened them up. I feel they have both got to start the 2nd game as the front players - they will ensure there defence never gets out of there half.

Did anyone else see the offsie given near the end from the corner - Hutton and (?) - WTF was that all about. ?

I don't know if the formation just won't work because we don't have the players, or because the players don't like it or don't know how they should be playing.

Its still worrying that we're having the same conversations as last season. One up front doesn't work. Thomson, Hemdani & Fergie together are overkill. Fergie gets drawn too deep and insists everything must go through him. Etc.

Cuellar reminds me of Boumsong in one respect, that he just makes the difficult stuff look easy. He never looks panicked and is literally strolling through matches.

Cuellar again without a doubt. But it is a worry that in our last two home games a central defender has been man of the match. What we really need is the likes of our wingers/strikers to be having mom performances especially at home against supposedly weaker opposition.

I know what you mean, Wija. How can you be offside receiving a pass that goes backwards? Sorry, but a linesman who doesn't know the simplest aspects of rules should be sacked.

I think he might have been showing off that he seen Novo coming back from an offside position and was too chuffed with himself to think about the rules properly. Linesmen live to put their flags up.

That broke down a bit of pressure we were having at the time. We should also have had a corner from Cousin's drive which their goalie helped over the bar.

Most difficult one of the season for me. In a pretty average Rangers performance no one really stood out as having a spectacular performance, unlike previous games.

Hutton played quite well. Darcheville worked hard with little reward. Novo changed the game and is a Motm candidate for me despite being on for a short period of time. Everyone else was either average, not involved or poor. Except for CC. Not as dominating a performance as ahs earned him previous motm awards, but the best of an average bunch last night. Carlos edges it for me.