Rangers 3 (Hagi 8; Wright 78; Roofe 90) - 0 Livingston [FT]

42 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Tread carefully yet confidently, and Rangers could dominate Scotland for years

https://theathletic.com/2730571/2021/07/29/tread-carefully-yet-confidently-and-rangers-could-dominate-scotland-for-years/?source=user-shared-article

That's it; the bubble has burst.

We're doomed...

giphy.gif

FOR FUXXAKE GERSNET

trump friend GIF

20 minutes ago, compo said:

The most worrying thing for me is this injury that Jack has I would have expected him back playing now .

Mon the gers :rfc:

Hopefully he’s on track this time. Just wish he’d had the operation sooner. I still see him as a vital ingredient 

Buzzing for the start of a new season. 

There are many warnings from history of teams dramatically falling away after a hugely successful season, we don’t have to look past ourselves for those. But I just don’t see that happening here. Our squad still looks very strong, and they still look in total disarray.

In 2000, Celtic appointed Martin O’Neill who had been very successful in England.   He spent £20m on players who had proven themselves in a much stronger league than ours, and players who were tailor made for Scottish football in terms of their physicality.

In 2021, they have appointed a guy who has no experience of British (or even European) football and appears to play a style of football which is known to be very risky in Scotland. His two main signings so far are 5 ft 7 and 5 ft 5 and have no experience of British football and questionable pedigree. A couple of Sheffield Wednesday youths barely merit a mention at this stage. Their latest signing Starfelt is the only signing they’ve made so far that I think will notably improve them, and even then from the stats I’ve seen he is nowhere near as physical and commanding as Helander. 

All that to say it’s great to be starting a new season filled with confidence and just looking forward to watching us play competitive games again. 

Edited by DMAA

This is the third time in my life as a Rangers supporter that a long barren period has finally come to an end and we start a new campaign in the slightly unfamiliar role of champions. The older I get, the more I understand how important it is to relish these moments and, given a decade of destruction and recovery since administration, this one is going to be beyond special.