[FT] Rangers 4 (Lowry 31; Tavernier 37 pen; Itten 59; Sakala 86) - 0 Stirling Albion

Obviously very difficult to judge players on this kind of game but I think the attitude has been pretty good and we've done OK for the most part.

Hoped for a bit more from the likes of Barker and Bacuna but also happy to see Sakala and Lowry take their chance.

Should see minutes for Roofe after half-time and hopefully one more of the youngsters.

Weird 1st half - should have had an early penalty, Itten misses a sitter and our play was laboured. Hagi looked most likely early doors to unlock SA defence then he goes off injured.

Lowry comes on and him and Fashion seem to spark us into life and we started to play a little better and created chances.

Lowry took his goal superbly, Tav converts 1st pen then misses 2nd (neither looked convincing to be fair) and now we look like scoring a few.

Have to start 2nd half how we finished the 1st and we'll rack up a few more goals. 

Delighted for young Lowry, he is a classy player, I've watched a lot of the B team highlights and he always sticks out, a day he will never forget.

Hard to be too critical that half, however we still look disjointed as we have in a few games, not too much of a flow to us just now, but I expect the players who have not featured much to be making a stronger claim than what I've seen so far.

As always though it's all about the result and I'm sure we have that in the bag.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Hoped for a bit more from the likes of Barker

Don't hold your breath mate! still bemused why we even signed him! he should be destroying this team!!, Bacuna as well, he needs to show a lot more.

We have a lot of deadwood in our squad that needs shifting on!

Edited by ian1964

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 2 (Lowry 31; Tavernier 37 pen) - 0 Stirling Albion
  • Frankie changed the title to Rangers 3 (Lowry 31; Tavernier 37 pen; Itten 59) - 0 Stirling Albion