Champions League

Guest davierfc

I think it might be best to avoid Greek teams just now...

Moscow is a bit far and it's not that enjoyable to watch us play eastern block teams as they give us a hard time without any glamour.

50/50 chance (probably) of getting an English team - are we ready for that? I don't like playing English teams unless we've a good chance of a result. If we lose it only fuels their derogatory remarks about Scottish football.

I think I'd like some glamour and the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid would be good.

German teams seem to be our bogey so I'd like to avoid them.

I was trying to find the old thread with what teams we need to drop out of this round for us to get into pot 3 for the draw on Thursday, couldnt find it.

Anyone know who we should be cheering on tonight?

As well as Spartak of course. :)

Original thread was here: http://www.gersnetonline.net/vb/showthread.php?t=4659&highlight=Real+Madrid

Looks like we want Ajax and Celtic to go out (they are the most likely given the results in the previous leg. Unfortunately both teams have shown good recent form domestically... :(

Edit: Just found this link to the seeding: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2007.html