Champions League

Guest davierfc

How is the draw going to work today, if the Seville v Athens match is still to be played. They would be in in different pots and depending on which team goes through this will have a knock on effect on the pots other teams are in.

treated just like the other rounds, when the draw was made for the 3rd QR like when we were seeded for it, but still hadnt disposed of zeta - if they had gone through they would have had our seeding in the draw.

kinda like when artmedia got seeded for the 3rd round 2 years back despite having no european record :D

As so much is at stake, and the draw can be so complicated with "pairings" to make sure teams from the same country are playing on different nights eg Real and Barca, us & the tims etc AND they end up in different groups to start with, they prefer to see the 32 teams who have made it through.

It is very sad circumstances indeed that have caused this unforseen issue, and thoughts and prayers go to family and friends of the poor boy who lost his life in Seville.

As far as i can tell mate, even if AEK get through they will be in pot 2 and it also means that no other spanish team will be allowed to be drawn with AEK and vice versa.

Understood, but if Athens had qualified before tongihts draw they would have been in pot 4, meaning that all the teams with a higher ranking would move up a pot. i.e the tims would move into pot 2 and we would be in pot 3. Regardless of the circumstances it does seem a little unfair if they were to automatically qualify for pot 2.

On the other hand if Athens are in pot 2 it's a bonus for the teams below as one of the groups would have the equivelant of 2 pot 4 teams

I know it probably wont matter anyway as Seville are expected to go through but stranger things have happened

Oh right cheers mate. I'vr got bloody Virgin so don't get sky one or ssn anymore:mad: I'll hear it quick enough after I suppose

Same got freeview upstairs

Go on the Uefa Website got the draw on there, can't see a video link though just a wee animation thing they have got