Crvena Zvezda 0 (0) : 0 (1) Rangers - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Papac is definitely found a bit wanting as a left back in Europe. We definitely need someone who has that as his number one position.

Papac is ok for the SPL and does a decent job there considering he's a centre back.

A left back is now a priority before the deadline.

PS Shame about Stevie Smith, he looked like a great player in the making and hopefully he can recover in the coming months. I still put him above Hutton on talent and consistency.

Agree that Hutton wasn't at his best and got skinned a fair few times on the left and allowed cross after cross to get in. Whittaker wasn't any better.

To be fair that's where their best players were and they seemed to love the fast overlap, which our players seem to read pretty well.

I thought Hutton got better as the match went on and started to take the ball off of Koroman when he was trying to be fancy.

What was it with Fergusons long balls to the billboards? You'd think he'd learn the speed of the pitch after the first one or two...

I thought our midfield lacked a bit of composure in possession and Barry was the number one culprit which is ironic seeing as he's our playmaker.

I can't help thinking we need someone with that bit more quality in the middle of the park. Perhaps we need a new attacking, midfield general with Barry taking over Thomson's role with the latter as back up.

Papac is definitely found a bit wanting as a left back in Europe. We definitely need someone who has that as his number one position.

Papac is ok for the SPL and does a decent job there considering he's a centre back.

A left back is now a priority before the deadline.

PS Shame about Stevie Smith, he looked like a great player in the making and hopefully he can recover in the coming months. I still put him above Hutton on talent and consistency.

Well we've been linked with George McCartney. He picked up a calf injury playing for West Ham last night though. Not sure they would sell him however as Curbs seems quite happy with him at the moment.

What was it with Fergusons long balls to the billboards? You'd think he'd learn the speed of the pitch after the first one or two...

I thought our midfield lacked a bit of composure in possession and Barry was the number one culprit which is ironic seeing as he's our playmaker.

I can't help thinking we need someone with that bit more quality in the middle of the park. Perhaps we need a new attacking, midfield general with Barry taking over Thomson's role with the latter as back up.

We've lacked a really creative player in the team for a few years now, but by signing one, we're left with the usual thorny issue of what to do with Fergie. I certainly wouldn't drop Thomson as he seems to be improving all the time, so do we then change the formation about to accommodate BF and a new playmaker?

just enjoy the fact that weve qualified for the cl proper lads. i thought everyone put in a shift last night and it was a real team effort that put us through. we went to defend and we did just that. there was always going to be times when we were under pressure but we dealt with everything they threw at us.

just enjoy the fact that weve qualified for the cl proper lads. i thought everyone put in a shift last night and it was a real team effort that put us through. we went to defend and we did just that. there was always going to be times when we were under pressure but we dealt with everything they threw at us.

Exactly. This time last year we might have crumbled.

The guys comments are still valid however, I'm not sure what Walter will do. Would Buffel fill the role, or is he still considered too lazy and lightweight?

Yeah I know what you mean mate. The team has done everything we wanted of them so far this season. Can't wait for the draw tomorrow. Would love to get Barca.:cheers: