[FT] Rangers 2 (Mugabi OG 22'; Sakala 24') - 2 Motherwell

I want to see some of the decisions again.  Any mistakes by the ref?

There are a couple of signs of poor attitude today.  For example Morelos noticeably changes his attitude after going 2-0 up.

Almost as if playing in the Champions League is not of interest to these players.

Have not bothered to read the posts as I am totally peed off with the mentality of the team in the second half.Two goals up and so decide to play easy not good enough,showing urgency AFTER losing the lead again not good enough.A chance to close gap surrendered and to cop it all the sponsors were having a laugh when their MoM announced.

Ah well rant over here's to next week.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I want to see some of the decisions again.  Any mistakes by the ref?

There are a couple of signs of poor attitude today.  For example Morelos noticeably changes his attitude after going 2-0 up.

Almost as if playing in the Champions League is not of interest to these players.

Morelos had two balls in the net, I would say the offsides were, if at all, marginal. There was one (of a couple or more) handball(s) in the area that looked a decent shout for a penalty. 

Yet, as noted before, our defence is really really poor with only half  a handful of chances needed to concede one or more goals from. I`d rather have a half-fit Balogun or Helander in there, even Sands, before suffering another Goldson/Tavernier breakdown. Said it before, lets go 3 at the back, let Tav loose on the right wing/MF, and Bassey slot in next to 2 other centre-halfs. And someone in front of them that is a cleaner. Jack had his birthday today and after a couple of games was rested. No idea what the case with Ramsey is, or Davis.

For all the cool things he does and di in the past, Kamara right now is not what we need when playing at home in search of points. He has a very limited end product in the final third (not his job), but likewise releases any ball won or kept far too slow. Then again, quite a few of our midfielders have a problem with one-touch-football, running a few yards with the ball and thus usually allowing the opposition to adjust their defence lines.

We were producing nothing with Kamara, Aribo nor Arfield for the last 30+ mins and I simply cannot fathom what rode Gio to remove our most potent weapon from the wing, instead of hookeing any if not all of the aforementioned 3 for Roofe, Wright, or Diallo.

I can`t really see the Scum dropping points against St. Mirren at home (despite them being better than Dundee, who almost snatched a point there), but Perth has always been a tough venue for us, so Gio better get his act together swiftly.

Edited by der Berliner

Why was Lundstram playing centre half? 

Why wasn't Balogun brought on in 2nd half to see out a 2-0?

Why did we try and squeeze out another 90mins from Aribo when he is clearly running on empty?

Where was Ryan Jack? 

Where was Aaron Ramsey and Amad or did I imagine we signed them - our two "marquee" January signings and they've played about 20 minutes and it's 1st March on Tuesday. 

Why do we continue to play a keeper, who whilst being a legend, is continually coasting us goals?

Why no subs until 83rd minute when the momentum of the game was with Motherwell? 

Why didn't the board back Manager in January window? (2 loans, 2 for the future and 1 not comimg to the summer isn't backing the manager) 

Why didn't board back SG and his team in summer transfer window? 

So many questions, so many dropped points, the league title is slipping from our grasp and we look clueless domestically and look frightened in games.

Be a miracle if we win league this year and be utter incompetence if we allow them to win it. 

Winning the league almost guarantees £40M and we threw tuppence at it, they've thrown the kitchen sink at it. 

In hindsight, are we so short-term thinking (or so skint) that we are prioritizing the EL over SPL and hoping against hope we either scrape the league or that the SPL winner don't get automatic qualification? 

21 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

utterly awful and it is a miracle we aren't completely out of the running. 

We will be if we fuck up just one more time and may already have blown our chance. 

Whilst walking back to our supporters bus today I overheard a conversation between two fans.

Basically stating it will be SG and his team's fault if we don't win the league as they didn't leave us with a significant enough lead in the league. 

Some logic that....

Just now, CammyF said:

Whilst walking back to our supporters bus today I overheard a conversation between two fans.

Basically stating it will be SG and his team's fault if we don't win the league as they didn't leave us with a significant enough lead in the league. 

Some logic that....

yeah they should have done better but they were doing better than this. Will be a bit of both.