• Joe Aribo
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • John Lundstram
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Scott Arfield
    • Leon Balogun

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think we give up on players at all. We merely react to what they do on the field of play. 

like praising Kamara for the last 2  games......

Made SPL team of the week this week BTW.

But enough of me being sarcastic. 

I don't think there is a player we haven't given up on in the squad after a few ordinary games personally. 

Kamara played fine at the weekend and was given licence to get a bit further forward when he could.

Problem is, as much as he does OK in such areas, he doesn't really believe in himself so he's just look uncomfortable more often than not.

16 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

I don't think there is a player we haven't given up on in the squad after a few ordinary games personally. 

Rather than "giving up on", is that the same as saying we react to what we see on the park?

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

if by that you mean wanting to get rid sure. Overreacting may be how I would describe it. 

I don't know of any supporter whose first wish for an underperforming player isn't that they should perform better and make a greater contribution. I think supporters always start out wanting every player to be a star but that seldom happens and we merely react positively or otherwise to what they offer in return for our support. Wanting rid of someone is surely always a last resort and usually reserved at the bottom of anyone's wish list for players who repeatedly demonstrate lack of commitment.

I've really no idea what overreacting means in this context. Presumably one man's overreaction is another man's fair comment, with or without sarcasm.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't know of any supporter whose first wish for an underperforming player isn't that they should perform better and make a greater contribution. I think supporters always start out wanting every player to be a star but that seldom happens and we merely react positively or otherwise to what they offer in return for our support. Wanting rid of someone is surely always a last resort and usually reserved at the bottom of anyone's wish list for players who repeatedly demonstrate lack of commitment.

I've really no idea what overreacting means in this context. Presumably one man's overreaction is another man's fair comment, with or without sarcasm.

Any ranger player is 1 game away from people wanting rid. 

this thread contains it re Kamara. 

I think it's text book overreaction. 

Not from you but in general. 

I disagree GS.  I can credit Kamara when he has done well and there have been times in the last couple of games when he has done that.  He also assisted with those essential goals and 6 crucial points.  There have also been times when he has been very slack and the only surprise is that he hasn't cost us more goals.  I remember someone on here telling me he was a defensive mid which astonished me.  A defensive mid should be linking defence to attack and he cannot do that at all.  He takes the ball from the defender and immediately gives it back.  He seldom plays the ball forward and slows us down horribly, plays short passes or gives the ball away.  I will be honest I have no idea what his position is and firmly believe we need better.