The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, craig said:

All I will say is that I am VERY glad that none of us from Gersnet are managing and running the business that is Rangers.  The Tims would be absolutely spot on..... admin 1690 would definitely be right around the corner

You obviously haven’t seen what I am capable of on Football Manager. 

Celtc seem to be assessing where they are weak and going out and buying the best they can afford and the manager gets them to the level needed. 

We just shove square pegs in round holes and make do. 

i am not asking for 10 million quid players here for our weak areas. 

47 minutes ago, craig said:

I remain unconvinced about the whole "we have to catch them up".  Yes, they have started the season well, as have we given our numerous changes to playing staff, most of whom are starters.  They won the league, yes, but even you yourself agreed that wouldnt have been the case but for poor officiating in the last OF at Ibrox where we lost 2-1 but were denied two stonewall penalties - if they were given we would have won the league.  That ignores the many other instances.

So, again, yes, they won the league but I don't see it as us needing to catch them up.  I see it as us needing to be comfortable with the personnel we have, and the style in which we play.  The signs are there and, much like them last season, it will take time to see just how good this squad will be.  What I WILL say, at this point, is that we seem to be far more creative than we were last season.

Can we strengthen ?  Absolutely.  Do we NEED to ?  Depends on who is available - a RW would be great... but that also does a disservice to Matondo who has barely got his feet under the table.  Another striker would be great - but why would we if Alfredo screws the nut ?  Roofe reckons he is almost back (though we know he can't be relied upon consistently.  A creative midfielder would be great, but Tillman and Lawrence can both play that role.

I guess what we need to ask ourselves is what position really does need strengthening and who would actually be available within our budget, without breaking wage structure, in that position and would they be a significant upgrade ? 

In the league, we do have to catch them up. They have a mgmt, a squad and system who have sussed out how to consistently win league matches.  We will have to see if our current team can do what we failed to do last year.

We are already behind and go to their place at the weekend. This match will give us a good idea of what our team can or can't achieve this season.

The only decent run last season came after Gio arrived up until the almost certainly customery mini  collapse in the league, post Xmas break.

They get beaten by BoboGimp but win league matches. We put out Dortmund but drop points to the Arabs and Motherwell. 

One encouraging thing was a different approach to the home match against Ross County which worked.

What we now need to see is a different approach to the match at the Brendanbeu (compared to February), that works. We don't want to be going to Aberdeen on a Saturday lunch time 5 points behind.

10 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Club Brugge have just signed a striker for £13.6m!

They've spent £30m after selling £50m worth of talent (60% reinvested). 

We've spent £10.7m (excluding Tillman and academy signings) after selling £27.1m (39% reinvested).

Seeing this, we could see another signing. I would like a #8 or a forward that can play wide and up front. 

In seriousness, Club Brugge are in a different league to us in terms of their use of the transermarkt. They have a great track record for signing quality young players and flipping them for big money, an example for us to follow. 

To be fair, we've taken steps in that direction too with the signings of Yilmaz and Matondo (and maybe eventually the signings of Sands and Tillman). Time will tell whether those players are good enough to bring in the fees Brugge have brought in, it's all about quality scouting. Bassey is our obvious big success to date. We have a long way to go though, clubs like Brugge have far more money than us to spend because they've been doing this for years whilst we have generally been very pragmatic.

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, craig said:

I remain unconvinced about the whole "we have to catch them up".

I think we absolutely do need to catch them up, they were a far better team last season. Whether we have already caught them up remains to be seen. I still have a concern regarding the disparity in goal scoring capability between our front 3s, although I do believe we have made strides in the right direction with Colak replacing Morelos, Lawrence replacing one of our midfield 3 and Tillman replacing Wright or whoever else. 

Edited by DMAA

54 minutes ago, buster. said:

Got that wrong as well 😂

In Scotland, it has been put back 23 or 24 hours because of games on the 31st.

I didnt say the end of the window was the appropriate time to assess though.  Tomorrow at midnight and all our business will have been done, which is why it is the appropriate time.......

Aye, I am going to die on that hill...... :roflmao:

Social media rumours that Evander has said he wants to come to us and not Galatasaray.

Barkley also (obviously) now being rumoured to be coming to the SPFL, which means us or them clearly....

1 hour ago, craig said:

Social media rumours that Evander has said he wants to come to us and not Galatasaray.

Barkley also (obviously) now being rumoured to be coming to the SPFL, which means us or them clearly....

From a guy with 11 followers. 

Evander would address a lot of our weaker areas. 

i really can't see him and barkley coming that is for sure both are number 8s. 

Edited by the gunslinger