Premier League 2022/23

1 hour ago, compo said:

Lampard has now lost 13 of his last 16 matches as a manager and another bad result for my toffees not a happy day sitting here suffering from gout as well. 

Ouch, a double whammy. Apart from the Toffee Men, all my favoured teams had victories today and in one particular league, other teams’ results were just what I would have asked the Easter Bunny for if he’d been around this week.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Lampard has now lost 13 of his last 16 matches as a manager and another bad result for my toffees not a happy day sitting here suffering from gout as well. 

You would think that they would eventually stop giving that dipshit Lampard opportunities to prove it. 

I would like to know how many star football players turned out to be genuinely top level managers. 

I think it's kinda like rich kids becoming fighters...doesn't really work out too well. 

6 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

He lasted about 50 games and lost half if I remember correctly. 

Oi he's redeemed himself recently! Got it up the Tims the other week and he still won THAT title - plus it beats touting that wee turncoat Naismith for our job - see other thread

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

Oi he's redeemed himself recently! Got it up the Tims the other week and he still won THAT title - plus it beats touting that wee turncoat Naismith for our job - see other thread

That was a great goal...right over to those pricks to rub it in too.

I have very fond memories of SG as our manager. 

I respect him, and appreciate what he did for our club.

He was out of his depth in England, and when Beale left him the gig was really up.

As for Naismith.

Gettin attached to a player is like loving a stripper.

Never forget that these players are PAID for their services.

Like Snoop said

"We don't love dem hoes"

Now score some goals. 

13 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I would like to know how many star football players turned out to be genuinely top level managers. 

I think it's kinda like rich kids becoming fighters...doesn't really work out too well.

Good point. Alf Ramsay, Don Revie, Tommy Walker, Terry Venables, Eddie Turnbull, Joe Mercer. None of these a superstar player but well above journeyman level. Willie Waddell was an outstanding player. Manager? He put a bit of a brake on Stein and won the ECWC.