[FT] Hibernian 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45' pen; Lawrence 58')

9 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I only see Collum when he referees Rangers' games. 

If he has officiated other matches as badly as he has done, and continues to do, regularly, Rangers' games, then he would not be on the SPFL list, but would have been refereeing schools' football for some years. 

Collum has a particular style but it isn't exclusive to any particular team.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

Collum has a particular style but it isn't exclusive to any particular team.

If yesterday's travesty was an average, or typical, Collum performance, then it is beyond belief that he continues to referee 'top flight' games. 

Just now, Uilleam said:

If yesterday's travesty was an average, or typical, Collum performance, then it is beyond belief that he continues to referee 'top flight' games. 

You, along with many over-egg the pudding, IMO.

There is ONE glaring mistake/inconsistency, the Lundstram red. 

There are other tight calls that are up for debate. 

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

You, along with many over-egg the pudding, IMO.

There is ONE glaring mistake/inconsistency, the Lundstram red. 

There are other tight calls that are up for debate. 

It's not just one Rangers' game though, is it?

If you know his history....

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

It's not just one Rangers' game though, is it?

If you know his history....

I said, he has a particular style and it isn't aimed at any particular team.

The first real controversy I can remember involving Collum and a Rangers match was when the darkside went apoplectic with rage and he was accused of awarding us a penalty (foul on Broadfoot) without seeing it (ie. he was looking other way). It was amusing.

I am sure every side in the top flight will have their own list.

He saw that foul as he turned. that much was clear from footage.

If he regularly performs as badly as yesterday, bearing in mind that we have considered, only, major, game changing, decisions, then he is not fit to referee in the SPFL.

I find it difficult to believe that other sides suffer to the extent that Rangers does. 

20 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

He saw that foul as he turned. that much was clear from footage.

If he regularly performs as badly as yesterday, bearing in mind that we have considered, only, major, game changing, decisions, then he is not fit to referee in the SPFL.

I find it difficult to believe that other sides suffer to the extent that Rangers does. 

You said you have never seen him referee a game not involving Rangers so I would imagine it difficult for you to make such comparisons.

Scottish referees regularly get things wrong. It is not just Scottish footballers who have went downhill over the past decades. 

If you want to say he is a cheat, get off the fence and just come out with it.

The only referee who gives me bad vibes is Clancy.

Collum is certainly arrogant and incompetent.  I don't think he's a cheat but I don't watch enough games not involving Rangers to make a sound judgement on that.

There was a Hibs game at Ibrox during the Pedro era (I think), which was still the worst refereeing display I have ever seen.  Stokes wrestled Tav to the ground and Hibs got a free kick.  Was that Clancy (I can't remember).  

Blaming the refs is a yahoo trait in my book.  We should be beating teams like Hibs with or without a high standard of officiating.  

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Collum is certainly arrogant and incompetent.  I don't think he's a cheat but I don't watch enough games not involving Rangers to make a sound judgement on that.

There was a Hibs game at Ibrox during the Pedro era (I think), which was still the worst refereeing display I have ever seen.  Stokes wrestled Tav to the ground and Hibs got a free kick.  Was that Clancy (I can't remember).  

Blaming the refs is a yahoo trait in my book.  We should be beating teams like Hibs with or without a high standard of officiating.  

I think you refer to John Beaton, not Clancy.