[FT] Hibernian 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45' pen; Lawrence 58')

I couldn't watch this yesterday but I've just sat through it.

The standard complaints apply up until 65 minutes.  The team lacks an edge in attack and the refusal to shoot in great positions will continue to cost us.  Despite that I thought we would still have enough to win.

Collum was a disgrace. Lundstram should never have been sent off.  As highlighted above there was a near identical (actually worse) foul by a Hibernian player in the first half.  That one was punished by a yellow card.  I think that the yellow card was consistent with just about every single similar incident that I have ever witnessed.  So why did Willie Collum treat this particular one differently?  We will never know.

The management clearly understand that they are not in a position to change anything about the refereeing.  The team needs to believe that it is up against the opposition and 4 hostile officials every week.  It's not enough to win by a goal or two.  The team has to put it out of sight so that no refereeing mistake can ever cost us the points.

Edited by ranger_syntax

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

So why did Willie Collum treat this particular one differently?  We will never know.

If you have to ask, you will never know.

You may may choose to call it incompetence, I couldn't possibly......

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

A rhetorical question of course.

To be clear I would encourage all to descend into the very worst corners of the imagination and then select an explanation from that place.

16 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

He gave us the benefit of the doubt on penalty decisions at both ends in the first half.

Strange that, if he has it in for us.

Naw, Collum is a particular type of ref, but he isn't a cheat.

Our problems lie closer to home and domestically, I can see something similar to last season, only worse. 

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

He gave us the benefit of the doubt on penalty decisions at both ends in the first half.

Strange that, if he has it in for us.

Naw, Collum is a particular type of ref, but he isn't a cheat.

Our problems lie closer to home and domestically, I can see something similar to last season, only worse. 

Collum is a very inconsistent referee who likes to make big decisions in games, too many of which he gets wrong

Our own issue at the moment (other than the CLQ) is whether Morelos and Kent will sign contract extensions offered. If not they should be sold immediately to allow the manager to bring in replacements before the end of the transfer window

1 minute ago, buster. said:

To expand on problems.

- Lack of intensity

- Lack of physicality

- Lack of chance creation

- Lack of imagination

- Lack of penetration

- Lack of defensive coordination

And needlessly giving the ball away under no pressure 😎