Le Guen reveals targets

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen would like to sign Brondby striker Johan Elmander and Lyon midfielder Jeremy Clement by the end of next week.

Le Guen had already made his interest in Clement public, and he has now confirmed that Elmander, who played for Sweden in the World Cup, is a target.

Rangers and Lyon have so far failed to agree a fee for Clement.

"I would like to bring Elmander in also, but it is difficult for the same reasons," he told Rangers' website.

It has been reported that Brondby are looking for in the region of £4m for Elmander, while Rangers are prepared to offer about £2.5m.

Lyon are thought to be asking for £2m for Clement, a price Rangers consider to be excessive, so talks continue.

"It is normal to have discussions like these with the club, so we will wait," added Le Guen.

"It would be better to have both players straight away. Elmander played in the World Cup and he is fit and I know Clement is fit too so they would be able to go with the team to South Africa.

"However the most important thing is to pay the right price."

Rangers leave for a pre-season tour of South Africa on 8 July.

Meanwhile, Le Guen says two of the trialists currently at the club could win deals if they impress in a closed-doors match against Hamilton Accies on Saturday.

French striker Cyril Chapuis and Senegalese midfielder Makhtar N'Diaye, who both played under the Rangers boss at Rennes, will be given 45 minutes to impress.

"I know Chapuis and N'Diaye from Rennes when they were great, but that was three or four years ago," added Le Guen.

"I want to see what level they are at before I make a decision. We will study them in the game with Hamilton and then I will decide."

Save people looking for it :-)

Just to confirm, further to the targets he's said he's after, PLG said an absolute final and utter 'no' to Vikash Dhorasoo.

Quite a few 'no's' at that.

Aye, that story was just the press trying to drum up stories coz there was no WC games on that day.