Morelos out of squad for PSV tie

A lot of this has come out of the blue to me, I thought he's been looking trim during the close season and I hadn't heard any rumours about his attitude - everything I'd read on social media seemed to be saying we had to be patient with him as it was a serious injury with a long recovery time.

I can only guess other things have been going on and Saturday was the final straw for the team.

20 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I love Morelos, but its clear at times he has put Colombia ahead of Rangers. 

He always puts himself first and the Columbia thing suits his lazyness. 

We can't press properly with him in the team and he scores nowhere near enough goals to be indispensable. 

Seems to be some bizarre conspiracy theories coming out around twitter that he has rejected our contract offer so we are 'briefing' against him to move him on.

Seems to me to be a bit of an off move to besmirch someone's character but hope to get another club to buy him at the same time. But people have thier reasons for thinking the way they do.

32 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Seems to be some bizarre conspiracy theories coming out around twitter that he has rejected our contract offer so we are 'briefing' against him to move him on.

Seems to me to be a bit of an off move to besmirch someone's character but hope to get another club to buy him at the same time. But people have thier reasons for thinking the way they do.

just nonsense we can see there are real issues. 

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

There does appear to be a problem with Morelos which needs to be sorted but there's no doubt there have been briefings to highlight it - from Boyd pre-match on Saturday through to commercial media partners of the club over the last couple of days.

Since then we've had a red card rescinded which arguably cost us 2 points at the weekend so the narrative pushed by the club is a strange one in my view ahead of a vital Euro tie.

It's an issue that should have been sorted years ago but we are down to a week left to do so. 

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Hang on,. We're not Barcelona 😁

23 minutes ago, Frankie said:

There does appear to be a problem with Morelos which needs to be sorted but there's no doubt there have been briefings to highlight it - from Boyd pre-match on Saturday through to commercial media partners of the club over the last couple of days.

Since then we've had a red card rescinded which arguably cost us 2 points at the weekend so the narrative pushed by the club is a strange one in my view ahead of a vital Euro tie.

I think it would be hard not to talk about it. Unfortunately he's been sent off 8 times the majority of which is for stupid stuff. Stevie G did address it with him and it looked for a while he had nipped it but alas no. He's put Gio in a tight position. Gio can let it slide(but what message does that send out). Or he can show that no man is bigger than club and that when you do something stupid, you have to own it and deal with the repurcussions.  The fact that members of the first team are behind Gio shows that they are fed up. 

Just now, Dragosani said:

I think it would be hard not to talk about it. Unfortunately he's been sent off 8 times the majority of which is for stupid stuff. Stevie G did address it with him and it looked for a while he had nipped it but alas no. He's put Gio in a tight position. Gio can let it slide(but what message does that send out). Or he can show that no man is bigger than club and that when you do something stupid, you have to own it and deal with the repurcussions.  The fact that members of the first team are behind Gio shows that they are fed up. 

Not disagreeing with the need to take action if the player isn't doing his job - just more puzzled with the very public reaction to it.