Morelos out of squad for PSV tie

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Ah, i have no idea who that is but ok. Explains why i hadn't head that news.

Fairly big thread started by him a few weeks ago on FF. And I think one or two pods promoted the same line.

More than Morelos has let the team down this season.  We should have been depending on our experienced players during this transition period but I'm afraid they haven't been doing the business.  The management won't last long here if the team can only play in Europe.  The League is our number one priority according to Gio but his teams are defensive, boring , shackled and at times appear as if they don't know what they are doing.  I may be overreacting but I have the fear.

11 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Mixed messages and mixed results.  Not sure its at a crisis point but we're an Old Firm defeat away from some very loud gnashing of teeth.

Edit: I'm hoping this is one of those inflection points where we look back at the end of the season and realise it was the early kick up the backside that got our season going.

I said a while back that this squad wasn't going to do much this season. It hasn't the balance or depth. Too many players who need managed because of age or chronic injury problems.

Recruitment hasn't resolved these problems, at least in the short term.

The whole shooting match is starting to look like a slow motion car crash.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

I said a while back that this squad wasn't going to do much this season. It hasn't the balance or depth. Too many players who need managed because of age or chronic injury problems.

At the risk of being labelled a panic merchant or a panty wetter I agree. Our incoming transfer cash far outweighs our outgoing transfer cash at the moment. The clock is ticking.

To be fair Colak, Lawrence and Tillman have done fairly well so far and I'd expect Davies, Ridvan and Matondo to feature more and improve the side too over the coming weeks.

However, there's no doubt we're a top class player or two short in key areas and I'm disappointing that we've not invested more into the first XI.  Of course Wilson and Gio will say they didn't expect Morelos to play up or Jack/Kamara to start the season so poorly.

All things considered, I'd be lying if I didn't think I was concerned by the direction of travel but I do think we're all over-reacting somewhat to a bad day on Saturday which the referee contributed massively to.

16 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'm still retaining an optimistic outlook, but there are warning signals.

Its amazing how much a draw can influence the next week, but its down to the squad now to show that they're behind the manager and to put in a top performance.

Much as I have some concerns, qualifying tomorrow and win our next 2 league games and its a very different picture.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

but I do think we're all over-reacting somewhat to a bad day on Saturday

This ^^^

This baby has barely had its ass slapped.

The season has a long way to go. 

Positive vibes man!

I'm really hoping this focuses the players on the job in hand (Eindhoven) and doesn't draw a cloud over everything.  

I still maintain we needed to beat them at Ibrox but would love to be proved wrong.