[FT] PSV 0 - 1 Rangers (Colak 60)

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Whinging Joey Veerman slammed for Rangers 'surrender' as Wesley Sneijder launches astonishing attack on PSV flop

PSV Eindhoven star Joey Veerman was accused of surrendering by Dutch icon Wesley Sneijder after the former Rangers target insisted the Ibrox side did not deserve to reach the Champions League. Veerman was angry after Rangers defeated PSV 1-0 in the Netherlands to clinch a famous victory and claim a massive financial windfall in Europe's premier competition.

But instead of being magnanimous in defeat, Veerman lashed out in a television interview after the game. He moaned: "I don't think it's fair that Rangers play Champions League and we don't. I don't think they created a single chance here.

"What did we do wrong? We missed two great chances before half time. We had to score them. And I would have preferred to play as a 'No.8' instead of a 'No.10', but I tried my best."

But that brought a stinging rebuke from the former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Ajax star who was capped 134 times by the Netherlands and is now a TV pundit. He said: "That was a remarkable interview. It's everyone else's fault apparently.

"But from the very first minute in the game, I watched him surrender. In every aspect. What did he do? Play passes backward, but anyone can do that. He didn't protect the defence and then has the nerve to criticise the chances they missed.

"Last week, he was quite clear that PSV were better than Rangers. I expected him to roll up his sleeves and prove that. But he did nothing. If I was his manager, I would be very unhappy with him. Let's be clear here, Rangers won every battle and deserved to go through."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/whinging-joey-veerman-slammed-for-rangers-surrender-as-wesley-sneijder-launches-astonishing-attack-on-psv-flop/ar-AA1151Xu

Well, even our friends at the BBC saw us having 14 shots at goal (compared to their 16), of which 3 where on target (4). I reckon he might have slept through Lawrence`s shot at bar and post ... Maybe the un-excitement got him last night.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Whinging Joey Veerman slammed for Rangers 'surrender' as Wesley Sneijder launches astonishing attack on PSV flop

PSV Eindhoven star Joey Veerman was accused of surrendering by Dutch icon Wesley Sneijder after the former Rangers target insisted the Ibrox side did not deserve to reach the Champions League. Veerman was angry after Rangers defeated PSV 1-0 in the Netherlands to clinch a famous victory and claim a massive financial windfall in Europe's premier competition.

But instead of being magnanimous in defeat, Veerman lashed out in a television interview after the game. He moaned: "I don't think it's fair that Rangers play Champions League and we don't. I don't think they created a single chance here.

"What did we do wrong? We missed two great chances before half time. We had to score them. And I would have preferred to play as a 'No.8' instead of a 'No.10', but I tried my best."

But that brought a stinging rebuke from the former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Ajax star who was capped 134 times by the Netherlands and is now a TV pundit. He said: "That was a remarkable interview. It's everyone else's fault apparently.

"But from the very first minute in the game, I watched him surrender. In every aspect. What did he do? Play passes backward, but anyone can do that. He didn't protect the defence and then has the nerve to criticise the chances they missed.

"Last week, he was quite clear that PSV were better than Rangers. I expected him to roll up his sleeves and prove that. But he did nothing. If I was his manager, I would be very unhappy with him. Let's be clear here, Rangers won every battle and deserved to go through."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/whinging-joey-veerman-slammed-for-rangers-surrender-as-wesley-sneijder-launches-astonishing-attack-on-psv-flop/ar-AA1151Xu

I noticed in the first half he had a couple of lobs over our defence for someone to run on to.  I don't know if that's one of his signature moves but in the second half Tavernier did the same thing, (I think it was after we had scored) as if to say "Joey, watch a master"

9 hours ago, Bill said:

It's not clear if that's pounds or euros and it still doesn't include TV and matchday receipts. Nor does it include our income from the last round against USG which would have included match day and TV income.

For all the talk about income, it seems incredibly difficult to find out what that income will be, even a ballpark figure.

The difference in income from us qualifying last night and not is a lot less than people believe it's in the lower to mid single figure £m's once everything is factored in. That excludes any money we might get for winning or drawing.

Edited by forlanssister