[FT] Rangers 3 (Ure 9'; Arfield 24', 85') - 1 QotS

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Online football fans are generally deranged, particularly of the Rangers variety.  

Fixed your schoolboy error 😉

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Christ, you even get some upset about us singing BJK. 

I despaired when I saw that snowflake bollocks. The woke can never resist an opportunity to flaunt their virtue.

We get lambasted whatever we do.  

It's an evidence based factual statement that Celtc fans don't like being reminded about.  It's being sung at a football ground, not in a court of law.  

The Spotlight team are doing a great job of raising the issue via the proper channels.  

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't particularly like it.

The song is celebratory in nature, which doesn't give the support any credit, given the nature of the subject matter.

I also feel it allows some to use it to ignore the issues. It's an important subject that needs highlighted in the best way possible, but singing BJK isn't it, and does more harm than good, in my opinion.

So don't sing it. No one is forced to.

But those who do sing it should have the right to do so without being called out as knuckle draggers by the bedwetters amongst us.

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

So don't sing it. No one is forced to.

But those who do sing it should have the right to do so without being called out as knuckle draggers by the bedwetters amongst us.

And those who do call it out for what it is have a right not to be called bedwetters by Neanderthals. 

Job done, through to the next round which is what it is all about. The fact we made 11 changes, resting every one of our starting 11 for the OF game, was an added bonus. I have long since given up on thinking games like last night will be entertaining or enlightening, they just never are, so I prefer to focus on getting a glimpse of the young guns getting some competitive action, and I thought most of them did pretty well without looking outstanding. Perhaps this is why we have such a bloated first team squad, the next level down is a very long way down? Unfair on any of the young ones to judge on one game, so I hope they all got to take something out the game to push onwards and upwards to see where they need to get to.

Of more concern is the performances of the ones who are a big part of our first team squad, on big wages, who didn't look out of place in a game against 3rd tier opposition. Time to move Sakala on for definite, and Matondo had a stinker but I think is a better player than on show last night. I exclude Davis and Arfield from that comment as they both performed well. As for our £3.4M left back, I think he looks completely lost most of the time, but what an absolutely sublime touch he showed to set up the second goal. I could watch that all day, beautiful, and that is more like the player our scouts must have been thinking we were buying. Clearly going to be in the "takes time to settle" category.

Ross County at ibrox next round please!