3 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

We were always going to find it difficult breathing in the atmosphere of the champions league but that is now 8 goals conceded in 2 games with the sheep smelling blood at the weekend. 

8 goals conceded is bad enough but we have barely had a shot at goal during those 2 games. That is equally worrying.

Difficult, nay impossible, to find any positives after that. Quite simply the manager must account for these insipid displays and find improvement immediately. If not, he cannot stay. However, most of the players who are doing less than the bare minimum should be ashamed.

It's tough to understand the manager's decisions though. If Morelos is in the squad on merit then why not give one of our best players at least 30mins? Similarly, why persevere with a deep passing tactic that is completely ineffective under any sort of opposition press?  Onto the players and I'm astonished at their lack of commitment. Heroes from last year stroll around at walking pace; others refuse to track defensively and the schoolboy basics are beyond most. Very few take any sort of responsibility on the ball and most hide. Appalling.

Ultimately, the standard won't stand. The manager can't allow it to and, if he fails to find improvement then board will have to step in. Where that leaves us with players with a disgraceful attitude, I don't know but the start to the season could not have been much worse.

Born Barasic's reaction when he thought he had scored to make it 3-1 summed it up. Did he run after the ball and place it on the spot? Nope. He looked deflated and just strolled back with almost zero pjayers celebrating. That was with 20 minutes to go.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Born Barasic's reaction when he thought he had scored to make it 3-1 summer it up. Did he run after the ball and place it on the spot? Nope. He looked deflated and just strolled back with almost zero pjayers celebrating. That was with 20 minutes to go.

Yeah, I noticed that. Don't know if it was because he/they knew it would be offside, but I doubt it. Sums up the attitude and spirit right now  i.e. none