1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Possibly not, but he will be directed by GvB, rather than having the freedom to implement his own ideas.

A bit like Beale playing a more expansive style with QPR than he ever did with us.

Good.

Now we have a data point demonstrating the existence of a former assistant manager that has gone on to do well as a manager.

Why should we think that this will also be the case with Vos?

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Good.

Now we have a data point demonstrating the existence of a former assistant manager that has gone on to do well as a manager.

Why should we think that this will also be the case with Vos?

I merely put forward Vos as a cut-price option after a hypothetical sacking of GvB. My suggestion that he could do a 'better' job than GvB is based on his high regard as a coach, in terms of his eye for detail, his interest in tactical concepts and patterns, and his 12 years in the Ajax system.

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I merely put forward Vos as a cut-price option after a hypothetical sacking of GvB. My suggestion that he could do a 'better' job than GvB is based on his high regard as a coach, in terms of his eye for detail, his interest in tactical concepts and patterns, and his 12 years in the Ajax system.

But surely he would or should have some greater influence over how we are playing now 🤔 

Just now, rbr said:

But surely he would or should have some greater influence over how we are playing now 🤔 

Not necessarily, as a coach under a manager. The manager directs everything. 

As I said, Beale has more expansive ideas than what he implemented under SG.

I don't know why I'm being picked apart on this? It was a half-arsed solution to the 'we're skint so can't afford a new manager' group. 

I want us to look for a better option than Vos.

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Not necessarily, as a coach under a manager. The manager directs everything. 

As I said, Beale has more expansive ideas than what he implemented under SG.

I don't know why I'm being picked apart on this? It was a half-arsed solution to the 'we're skint so can't afford a new manager' group. 

I want us to look for a better option than Vos.

Not disagreeing with any of your points , I actually like your posts and think your more progressive than most 

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I've read reports that say similar stuff. All sounds good for someone in his current position.

I've yet to read anything that suggests he has the personal qualities to be a good manager.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I've read reports that say similar stuff. All sounds good for someone in his current position.

I've yet to read anything that suggests he has the personal qualities to be a good manager.

Yes, I agree, but ultimately we'll not know unless they're given the job.

(Again: I don't want Vos as our next manager.)