3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Who'd be a Rangers director? They are good enough to lend the club money and it's used as a stick to beat them with when they get repaid.

All they need to do is show up and make decisions. Or perhaps delegate to another. Not difficult. At least they are getting something back for the money they put in. I'm getting nothing back this year.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Oh great, another manager known for total drubbings.

[...] at So'ton, though. 

He's a talented coach. He took Aalen from 3.Liga to 2.Bundesliga; took Ingolstadt to the Bundesliga; took RB Leipzig to a 2nd place finish in the Bundesliga - before quiting because they had another manager lined up! - and then did a good job at Southampton. 

He implements an aggressive, energetic style, which fans would take to. 

The only question I have is, can he break down a low block?

Let's face it, signing a manager is the same as signing a player - there's only so much due diligence you can do, but there's always going to be an element of risk. You also have the unique world of Scottish football to factor-in and the pressures that come with managing our club.

I thought Gio was the right man for the job at the right time but I was wrong. We need to make the change now rather than prolong the inevitable. This group of players should be more than capable of easily finishing second and winning a couple of cups even if the league is too far gone (because I'm sure we'll drop more points no matter what happens next).

We have about a dozen players out injured, effectively our full first-pick central defense and quite a few of our best midfielders and strikers ... and some only returned recently and lack sharpness. Yesterday was almost comical in the extreme, as we pounded their goal for the best part of 70 mins with no luck whatsoever, yet they score with the 2 chances they had. IMHO, yesterday was a typical shit-happens game, not so much any indication about our capabilities. In fact, just before the 2nd went in, we made a rather good attacking change, only for our defenders to have the second brain-f@rt of the day. 

Edited by der Berliner