Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Probably correct. The board probably think injuries have a lot to do with our problems. 
I’d say they’re  only partly correct, the manager needs to evaluate his tactics & game plans which are entirely predictable. Can he do that? Can we maybe play 2 up front?

Yeah, i mean he has only threw away 2 league titles. No biggie.

With the number of players in our squad that will actually be going to the WC, its an ideal time to get somebody in and get them almost a mini preseason and an opportunity to look at the squad with a view to some 'surgery' in January..

With that in mind, I see us waiting til halfway through January before doing anything about the manager situation 

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

GvB isn’t blameless but the DoF has questions to answer too.

From where it sits, I can understand the board being as patient as it dares but the directors risk the club becoming increasingly dysfunctional the longer this goes on. No one with an ounce of common sense believes GvB is going to turn this around or that these players are suddenly going to start performing for him - at the moment it doesn't look like they're even listening to him. 

Personally, I think this all stems from certain key shareholders looking to unload their investment, something that probably goes back to before Gerrard left and which grossly limited player recruitment this summer. If I'm right, this mess isn't going away any time soon and GvB may well be as much a victim of these circumstances as we feel ourselves to be. For that reason I'm very reluctant to get involved in crucifying our manager, who served this club well as a player and may well end up paying the price for the failings of others.