2 minutes ago, ascender said:

And like I said, what's the worst that happens if they do nothing? We will in all likelihood still finish second, still qualify for Europe and might even win a cup.

Yeah, i suppose if thats the level of the boards ambition we just keep ploughing our money in and they keep hiding.

1 hour ago, ascender said:

And like I said, what's the worst that happens if they do nothing? We will in all likelihood still finish second, still qualify for Europe and might even win a cup.

That feels like throwing in the towel.

If we pretend Gio has taken our great club to a european final in the last six months it will be much easier to support him, oh wait! we don't have to pretend 🙄 he did do that, and won the Scottish Cup last season, and got us into a Champions League we obviously had no right to get into with our squad of old men, young boys and more than a few injury prone players. Pep or Klopp could not have done much better with this broken squad imo. 

C'mon The Gers 🔴🔵 WATP 🏆 GIO

1 minute ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

If we pretend Gio has taken our great club to a european final in the last six months it will be much easier to support him, oh wait! we don't have to pretend 🙄 he did do that, and won the Scottish Cup last season, and got us into a Champions League we obviously had no right to get into with our squad of old men, young boys and more than a few injury prone players. Pep or Klopp could not have done much better with this broken squad imo. 

He's lost 2 leagues in a year. He did well in what you stated but #1 priority is always the League. 

Anyway, he is going nowhere. The board have accepted mediocrity and have a useful idiot in place so its either get behind him or stop watching the team. 

He should have been removed after Sunday and I will no longer blame him for anything from here on in.

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He should have been removed after Sunday

Should've been removed after his ridiculous post-match interview in Amsterdam, particularly as that gutless performance immediately followed our second hiding at the Piggery in one calendar year.

Wrong mentality and inability to learn from mistakes - two reasons he is nowhere near good enough to manage Rangers.

9 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He's lost 2 leagues in a year. He did well in what you stated but #1 priority is always the League. 

Anyway, he is going nowhere. The board have accepted mediocrity and have a useful idiot in place so its either get behind him or stop watching the team. 

He should have been removed after Sunday and I will no longer blame him for anything from here on in.

Fair enough, I do agree with you concerning our No1 priority, but I won't give up on this years league yet. 

24 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

This was roughly my view until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm now seeing a drop in fitness and ball skills compared to last season. Preseason was obviously a lot less successful than it was under Gerrard and that's partly the cause of the current on-field issues. That's got to fall at Gio's door.

His tactics also seem part of the problem. Playing a right winger appears to restrict Tav's ability to get up and down, which has always been a major part of our play over the past few years. Is Tav injured? We don't know, but if he is then why is he taking penalties? If he's not then he's either being restricted by the formation or his approach, both of which Gio is responsible for.

Lundstrum's reaction to losing the ball in the lead up to the first goal also suggests Gio doesn't have the squad fully behind him, and that'# difficult to recover from.

There has been an overreaction from our support but many of the criticisms are justified.

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

This was roughly my view until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm now seeing a drop in fitness and ball skills compared to last season. Preseason was obviously a lot less successful than it was under Gerrard and that's partly the cause of the current on-field issues. That's got to fall at Gio's door.

His tactics also seem part of the problem. Playing a right winger appears to restrict Tav's ability to get up and down, which has always been a major part of our play over the past few years. Is Tav injured? We don't know, but if he is then why is he taking penalties? If he's not then he's either being restricted by the formation or his approach, both of which Gio is responsible for.

Lundstrum's reaction to losing the ball in the lead up to the first goal also suggests Gio doesn't have the squad fully behind him, and that'# difficult to recover from.

There has been an overreaction from our support but many of the criticisms are justified.

I’d include the DoF too in that. He has questions to answer over some of the signings we’ve made and also the ones we haven’t made

It's still too early to judge Ross Wilson.

A DoF has to be judged on a longer term than a window or two.

It's not been egregiously bad. 

The signings have not quite worked, but for me, that's because of GvB's inability to use them properly. 

It's the appointment of GvB itself that is most disappointing, and that's 100% the fault of Ross Wilson.