Watched Marseille v Rangers (92 CL)

Last night on RTV. What a game and what a performance against some of the biggest names in world football,

Barthez

Desailley (sp)

Deschamps

Sauzee

Boksic

Voller

Ian Durrant's equaliser is still one of my favourite goals of all time.

Hopefully this season can be just as memorable :cheers:

was up in my brothers house for a spliff and i made the exact same comment about that team mate. what a line up they had!

it also blows a hole in the myth ( see tommy burns excuses after last tuesday!) that we cant compete with the teams at the highest level. we did it then. and to think their fucking chairman conned us out of a placein the final with a side like that!

i still seeth at the thought of bernard tapie to this day:devil: :devil: :devil:

Last night on RTV. What a game and what a performance against some of the biggest names in world football,

Barthez

Desailley (sp)

Deschamps

Sauzee

Boksic

Voller

Ian Durrant's equaliser is still one of my favourite goals of all time.

Hopefully this season can be just as memorable :cheers:

Fook me, i was only 13 at the time and didnt realise they had that much great players.

IIRC they would have had Basil Boli aswell

Boli was playing for them too. Outstanding team, but they still failed to beat us twice and they bribed the other teams. We would have won that competition there is no doubt in my mind. Marseille played AC Milan in the Fianl didn't they. Did Boli not score the winner???

Boli was playing for them too. Outstanding team, but they still failed to beat us twice and they bribed the other teams. We would have won that competition there is no doubt in my mind. Marseille played AC Milan in the Fianl didn't they. Did Boli not score the winner???

Yeah Boli scored and they won 1-0. After the bribe scandel was the tournament declared void that year or are Marseille still shown as the winners?

Interesting story regarding Voller - he was co-commentator during the Rangers v Laverkuasen (sp) CL game in DA's reign for German TV (I some how managed to get hold of the game off German TV). Anyway, in the first leg, the commentator couldn't believe the Rangers support in Germany and said how loud we were. Voller stated 'Wait until the return leg'.

In the return leg, the commentator is silient for the opening 5 minutes and all you can hear is Voller laughing in the background - he finally says 'Told You'.......

During both games Voller had nothing but praise for Rangers, Ibrox and us, the fans.

Cammy F

PS - Mrs Cammmy knows German very well and translated the commentory for me!!