[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 8', 49') - 1 Dundee Utd

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Certainly a nice surprise but does anyone feel confident about winning at Tynecastle?

As much as I will always take great pleasure in any defeat for them, I greet this news with a huge serving of caution. A slip by your rivals in a 2 horse race should be welcomed as an opportunity to take advantage but the way we are operating at the moment, I simply have no confidence in what WE are doing to be able to head to Tynecastle in a confident mood. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

As much as I will always take great pleasure in any defeat for them, I greet this news with a huge serving of caution. A slip by your rivals in a 2 horse race should be welcomed as an opportunity to take advantage but the way we are operating at the moment, I simply have no confidence in what WE are doing to be able to head to Tynecastle in a confident mood. 

Yeah, it would be different if we’re playing well, but its hard to be that excited about them dropping points when we look so clueless.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

I said years ago that it may take until we can produce enough first team players from youth development until we can win a title, I was wrong.

SG was brought in, was reasonably backed, built a team that when Celtic imploded, were ready to strut their stuff and really dominate during '55'.

Now, FFP would seem to complicate matters with regard to what would have to be a degree of front loaded spend. Obviously, the accounts and AGM may make things clearer.

Hence, the pathway may be the only way. Or at least a large portion of it. 

Just a wee add on to that.

Nathen Paterson played another good game for Everton today at EPL level.

ie. we are producing real ability, slight problem for our performance levels if keeping to the youth development model is that the really good players move before we get much service from them.

Big plus is that our reputation for producing players is slowly improving.

In time, this would mean we are able to get higher incoming transfer fees. 

3 hours ago, blueflag said:

Mabie big Ange isn't quite the mastermind some would believe 

We need to really go win at Tynecastle now

Win at Tynecastle, we go top.

At least for a couple of hours but it would be very welcome.

Lose by two goals at Tynecastle, we go third.