The Board Address Fan Concerns

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

I had to look that up.

As, I suspect,  did he.

You disappoint me, sir. Out on Doric’s western frontier, we uncouth folk speak about a baldy heid. I thought that in the leafy boulevards of the Broch glabrous pate was common parlance.

6 hours ago, Scott7 said:

You disappoint me, sir. Out on Doric’s western frontier, we uncouth folk speak about a baldy heid. I thought that in the leafy boulevards of the Broch glabrous pate was common parlance.

Don't be fooled by @forlanssisterand his fancy wordies.

He's from Peterheid and rough as a badgers arse.

I'm little better, but at least I don't cherry pick a thesaurus before posting 

21 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Very much King's baby.

Thanks !

Yes, that is what it looked like and what he said himself.

King did some important things prior to and during his second time on board.

Buying the Laxey Partners shares was a game changer.

His strategy of constructive losses and the Steven Gerrard appointment also come to mind.

However, taking on Mr.Mash and the SD empire got away from him and he (and Rangers) appear to have got burnt.

Now this all to obvious 'collusion' with (elements of?) C1872 has went the same way. 

Just WTF did C1872 think when deciding to go down this path ? That Rangers supporters are buttoned up the back ??

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Thanks !

Yes, that is what it looked like and what he said himself.

King did some important things prior to and during his second time on board.

Buying the Laxey Partners shares was a game changer.

His strategy of constructive losses and the Steven Gerrard appointment also come to mind.

However, taking on Mr.Mash and the SD empire got away from him and he (and Rangers) appear to have got burnt.

Now this all to obvious 'collusion' with (elements of?) C1872 has went the same way. 

Just WTF did C1872 think when deciding to go down this path ? That Rangers supporters are buttoned up the back ??

King never bought Laxey shares. Laxey point blank refused to sell to King and accepted an offer of less per share than King was offering, very, very unusual behaviour froma hedge fund but I guess they had their reasons.

2 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

King never bought Laxey shares. Laxey point blank refused to sell to King and accepted an offer of less per share than King was offering, very, very unusual behaviour froma hedge fund but I guess they had their reasons.

You learn something every day. I don't think I can blame my memory, just a detail that passed me by.

Who bought them from LP ?

Can't be GL, DP &/or GT then, can it, in part...?

From whom did King source his shares?

3 hours ago, buster. said:

You learn something every day. I don't think I can blame my memory, just a detail that passed me by.

Who bought them from LP ?

Can't be GL, DP &/or GT then, can it, in part...?

From whom did King source his shares?

It was indeed GL, DP and GT they split Laxey's holding between them. Iirc King had offered 2p per share more than Laxey accepted from The Theee Bears. That was a very peculiar decision from Laxey not typical behaviour and quite telling in its own way