[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 87' pen) - 3 Ajax

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

Between another lethargic display and another 90 minutes of Kevin Thomson droning on, that was a pretty soul destroying game to watch. 

Who picks the co commentators (Andy Walker or him with the big channels)?  A deaf person?

1 minute ago, weebluedevil said:

Firstly, the recruitment has been fairly poor, in hindsight, players past their sell-by date and those that didn't renew contracts (last year) should have been moved on, injuries have a played a part but we should not be getting thumped, in the manner we have been, every game in Europe, I don't care what budget the opposition has. 

You can only move players on if other clubs want to buy them. 

The budget given to Wilson is driven by the board and that has be be spread across new contracts and new signings. 

Wilson got decent fees for Paterson, Aribo and Bassey so I'd imagine of offers were on table for Kent, Morelos (who was out injured at end of season) we'd have taken them.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

so I'd imagine of offers were on table for Kent, Morelos (who was out injured at end of season) we'd have taken them.

As I said, they should have been moved on last year - and we could have sold both of them then, maybe not for their peak values, but now they're worth nothing and have contributed very little of late. We can't afford to let our most valuable assets to run down their contracts. Wilson has done a terrible job. Its easy to sell a Paterson, a Bassey and an Aribo on their form, his job should be to keep the squad fresh and know when we should cash in. 

2 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

As I said, they should have been moved on last year - and we could have sold both of them then, maybe not for their peak values, but now they're worth nothing and have contributed very little of late. We can't afford to let our most valuable assets to run down their contracts. Wilson has done a terrible job. Its easy to sell a Paterson, a Bassey and an Aribo on their form, his job should be to keep the squad fresh and know when we should cash in. 

But the buck stops with the board. If they believe Wilson isn't doing his job, they need to replace him.

Given the money he's brought in and Bennet saying this is best squad we've had, it sounds like they think he's doing an OK job.