[FT] Rangers 1 (Tillman 66') - 0 Hearts

13 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

It's games like that that's got me starting to yearn for the grand ole days of yore with McCoist in the dugout and Daly and Kyle up front, the workaholic Nicky Law in midfield and the rock that was Emerson Cribari in defence !! :(

EMERSON CRIBARI 

Hugh Jackman Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Bill said:

First change I'd make is to stop Tavernier from taking corners altogether.

Not altogether but get to the left and inswing corners,similarly Borna take them from the righ,both as a shake up of tactics at corners.

39 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not altogether but get to the left and inswing corners,similarly Borna take them from the righ,both as a shake up of tactics at corners.

We certainly need an element of variety as you say but we also need to improve the quality of corners and the likes of Tavernier hasn't produced an effective corner kick in weeks. Our hit rate at corners is appalling. At Leicester City, James Madison is one of their principal goal threats but takes most of their corner kicks for the simple reason he's good at it. There are other examples.

Actually, having looked at the stats for goals scored from corner kicks, we would be more likely to score if we just used corners to take possession of the football and forgot about crossing into the penalty box.

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

First change I'd make is to stop Tavernier from taking corners altogether.

All our set pieces are shocking tbh! even throw ins are terrible! having said that I can't actually remember when we were ever good at them?.

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

All our set pieces are shocking tbh! even throw ins are terrible! having said that I can't actually remember when we were ever good at them?.

Have posted before a game where Candeias got the ball first,immediately threw it into Windass who went on and scored.Don't ever remember it happening again.

What Tav reminds me off is another player who had "Ma Baw" attitude.

22 hours ago, craig said:

Which part of ANY of this does Kent not offer ?

When was the last time that he tried something unorthodox? Step-over. step-over, dribble past one, two  ... and one-too-many. About 5 to 10 times per game. Then he actually whips in a decent cross or two and all is forgotten. He had a decent enough 2nd half on Wednesday, there's no-one denying that. And likewise I pointed out that he has, in general, fine stats for a winger. Yet, the end product that is required for a left-attacking slot is simply not there right now. It will sure help if we actually play another striker/finisher alongside Colak, so Kent has more to aim at and play with.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

When was the last time that he tried something unorthodox? Step-over. step-over, dribble past one, two  ... and one-too-many. About 5 to 10 times per game. Then he actually whips in a decent cross or two and all is forgotten. He had a decent enough 2nd half on Wednesday, there's no-one denying that. And likewise I pointed out that he has, in general, fine stats for a winger. Yet, the end product that is required for a left-attacking slot is simply not there right now. It will sure help if we actually play another striker/finisher alongside Colak, so Kent has more to aim at and play with.

You've become a cliché in your own sad echo chamber. It has nothing to do with me of course but if it was I'd suspend your account for a week, for two good reasons....

1. To stop what has clearly become an excessive and unreasonable campaign to discredit a Rangers player

2. More importantly, to give the rest of us a break from your incessant, whining negativity.