FIFA World Cup 2022

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Right, whats the deal with the injury time. 

Too Damn High Rent GIF

It is a "concerted effort by Fifa to clamp down on time-wasting by more accurately monitoring the amount of time the game is stopped".

Chairman of Fifa's referees committee Pierluigi Collina confirmed last week that fourth officials had been instructed to keep track of time lost during the game during the tournament in Qatar, something they had also tried to do at the previous World Cup in Russia in 2018.

"In Russia, we tried to be more accurate in compensating for time lost during games and that's why you saw six, seven or even eight minutes added on," he told reporters at a pre-tournament briefing.

"Think about it: if you have three goals in a half, you'll probably lose four or five minutes in total to celebrations and the restart."

I can't say I disagree. Time-wasting annoys me.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It is a "concerted effort by Fifa to clamp down on time-wasting by more accurately monitoring the amount of time the game is stopped".

Chairman of Fifa's referees committee Pierluigi Collina confirmed last week that fourth officials had been instructed to keep track of time lost during the game during the tournament in Qatar, something they had also tried to do at the previous World Cup in Russia in 2018.

"In Russia, we tried to be more accurate in compensating for time lost during games and that's why you saw six, seven or even eight minutes added on," he told reporters at a pre-tournament briefing.

"Think about it: if you have three goals in a half, you'll probably lose four or five minutes in total to celebrations and the restart."

I can't say I disagree. Time-wasting annoys me.

Why don't they follow Rugby and control in-play time properly by stopping the clock when necessary. That way everyone knows how much time is remaining. Playing time should never be unknown and at the ref's discretion.

Just now, Bill said:

Why don't they follow Rugby and control in-play time properly by stopping the clock when necessary. That way everyone knows how much time is remaining. Playing time should never be unknown and at the ref's discretion.

Agreed. And while we’re at it, let’s get the ref mic open to the crowd/TV so we can hear exactly what is being said to and by them.  Would cut out a lot of the aggro and help the viewing experience. 

Would also shine a light directly on the refs who want to make it about them.  

Just now, stewarty said:

Agreed. And while we’re at it, let’s get the ref mic open to the crowd/TV so we can hear exactly what is being said to and by them.  Would cut out a lot of the aggro and help the viewing experience. 

Would also shine a light directly on the refs who want to make it about them.  

Football lives in the Dark Ages, where the incompetents can hide and prosper.

• Rousseau changed the title to FIFA World Cup 2022 | ARG 1 - 2 KSA, DEN 0 - 0 TUN
  • Rousseau changed the title to FIFA World Cup 2022 | ARG 1 - 2 KSA, DEN 0 - 0 TUN, MEX 0 - 0 POL
  • Rousseau changed the title to FIFA World Cup 2022 | MOR 0 - 0 CRO