Lyon 0 : 3 Rangers - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

It's weird how some people thought Hutton got the run-around and others thought he played well. He was caught out a few times so I reckon giving him a 9 is a bit much. He did setup the 2nd goal and won us the corner for the 1st I suppose. I'd probably go for an 8.

I would've gace Hemdani MOTM over Thomson, other than that, spot on. :thup:

Cuellar definitely deserved a 9!

Hutton did well for both goals, but did leave some gaps for Grosso to run into.

Beasley was excellent tonight, although a little light-weight at times (but he's only wee so I guess you can forgive him).

I can't believe some of the criticism Hutton is receiving by some guys on here,the boy was superb,again,tonight and could go on to become the best right back Rangers have ever had,IMO,considering his age and the way he has improved in the last year.Thomson was excellent as well,his best game for Rangers,but the whole team deserve huge amount of praise for a truly outstanding performance tonight,I thought BF was probably our worst player,and i'm a big BF fan,but tonight is not about picking out one player,good or bad,let's just thank the whole team for a wonderful performance in the CL away from home against the French champions,W.A.T.P.

I can't believe some of the criticism Hutton is receiving by some guys on here,the boy was superb,again,tonight and could go on to become the best right back Rangers have ever had,IMO,considering his age and the way he has improved in the last year.Thomson was excellent as well,his best game for Rangers,but the whole team deserve huge amount of praise for a truly outstanding performance tonight,I thought BF was probably our worst player,and i'm a big BF fan,but tonight is not about picking out one player,good or bad,let's just thank the whole team for a wonderful performance in the CL away from home against the French champions,W.A.T.P.

Ian i am not criticising Hutton in general as i think he is a tremendous talent and hopefully he develops into the best RB since sandy Jardine. I just really don't think he was that great tonight. Lyon players got behind him in at least 3 occasions which could have cost us dearly on another day. Surely helpful criticism is a must or should we tell him he was great when he was not tonight.

Ian i am not criticising Hutton in general as i think he is a tremendous talent and hopefully he develops into the best RB since sandy Jardine. I just really don't think he was that great tonight. Lyon players got behind him in at least 3 occasions which could have cost us dearly on another day. Surely helpful criticism is a must or should we tell him he was great when he was not tonight.

I'm only giving my opinion the same as you are Pete,I admit he got caught out a couple of times,maybe by some superb accurate passing,but i'm just that happy about our performance and result that I think we should be celebrating what is truly a fantastic result and F**CK any criticism of any players mate :cheers:

Hutton was superb for me and as has been said still gets stick/helpful criticism? He had a part to play in the first 2 goals so surely that more than makes up for the mistakes he did make that came to nothing?

Barry has his worst game for a while IMO and nothing much is said about that.

He never hides though and it's good to see we don't have to reply on him all the time!!!

DaMarcus also lost possession near our own goals more than once and that could've put us in trouble also but again nothing said but again for me made up for it with his contribution in the game.

The team as a whole were superb especially when not many of us even thought about getting a draw or a win but to get a 3-0 win and be only the 2nd team ever to win there in the CL is some feat and no one should be picking faults with anyone IMO......

We should be enjoying these results as they don't happen very often but hopefully we can take plenty of confidence from this and show the so called bigger teams less respect and go for it as we have showed tonight we can do it.

Bring on the Barca :)