[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I disagree.  Half the team gave up, which is completely unacceptable.   

Kick them, foul them, never give in like that.  

Was there for game and did not see kick them stuff but what I did see was lack of leadership on the field,and,of course, from the dug out.

On 26/11/2022 at 17:15, Bill said:

I believe too many people are underestimating Michael Beale. He's a widely respected coach who clearly wants the job, everyone accepts that. But I think there's less recognition that Beale has real strength of character that will see him take back control of the dressing room, which is where our problems of recent months stem from. I think he may do very well as Rangers manager. I certainly hope so but I'll do my judging a year or two down the line.

A couple of months ago, you announced to those moaning at GvB that the Dutchman would still be manager at the end of next season and to take that observation to the bank.

Does this Bank have an exceptionally well kept garden ?

Will you be offering a multiple judgement in a year or two years down the line, on various managers ?

Rangers players did not "follow instructions" and have "lost a bit of hunger", says Connor Goldson

"Not one individual can hold their head high," Goldson told Premier Sports.

"The first two goals are from a corner," he said. "People are in the wrong position, which we have worked on yesterday. The second is from a throw-in and people are in the wrong position.

"If players don't want to follow instructions, then we can't blame coaches because they give us the information to do our job and players don't want to take that on board.

"We can be in there at half-time and say believe in ourselves blah, blah, blah but the game is over at 3-1 down at half-time."

"We know that the new manager was there today and you'd hope they [the players] would want to impress but after that performance, we need a change," the English centre-back added.

"We need a spark. I feel like - and I don't want to say this - we have lost a bit of hunger.

"All of a sudden we are champions and we don't need to work as hard, which is wrong and I feel like that has crept in this season. Hopefully, the new manager can come in and give us a spark."

--------------------------------------

The above was said when Beale, the coach (working under Gerrard and McAllister) had just left the building.

Now, more or less the same group of players have reached a not dissimilar place and we are appointing the coach of what was in November 2021, a set-up /squad that was on a downhill trajectory.

Walter Smith would always say that the most important thing for him (or any Rangers manager) was getting a level of (financial) backing from the club. Then it was up to the football operation to get value out of that net spend. Walter knew how to do that, although the difference now (or problem) is that we can't simply throw money at it and look at the red numbers get bigger year on year.

We could perhaps financially frontload a squad rebuild but with the obvous dangers that would come with.

There are various decisions coming down the line that could be compared to a betting accumulator. Most will be akin to outside bets of varying lengths. 

You could look seperately at squad management for this season as a betting accumulator, trying to squeeze value out of  too many individual outsiders. The betting slip being ripped up after the second race.

Best of luck to Michael Beale, he is going to need it.

Edited by buster.

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

A couple of months ago, you announced to those moaning at GvB that the Dutchman would still be manager at the end of next season and to take that observation to the bank.

Does this Bank have an exceptionally well kept garden ?

Will you be offering a multiple judgement in a year or two years down the line, on various managers ?

jack nicholson smile GIF

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

There are various decisions coming down the line that could be compared to a betting accumulator. Most will be akin to outside bets of varying lengths. 

You could look seperately at squad management for this season as a betting accumulator, trying to squeeze value out of  too many individual outsiders. The betting slip being ripped up after the second race.

Bit of a long winded way of saying we'll have to hope for the best.  

From the Righteous Angry Mob to Laurel and Hardy - side-splitting.

Looks like Beale will be announced today anyway.  Can't say I'm excited but I have a feeling he is capable of proving his doubters wrong, particularly if he gets a good backroom team and we get two or three bargains in the January transfer window.