The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

But the manager will always have the last say on who we take the gamble on. 

The way it should be IMO.

- the club (any club) obviously have to hope that they have the right manager in.

- given average player contract length and average manager longevity it comes with obvious danger

- At Rangers there is huge pressure on results so most managers won't side with youth development, even though they may initially talk about it. Some fans want it both ways but until we produce top class players or have no money, it will play a secondary role. When we produce top class youngsters, they are poached....just as we poach from the rungs below us.

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

Bassey is a great example - written of at LCFC and written off by many at Rangers early in his career.

However no doubting Basseys hunger and desire and IMO that was driven as much by SG and MB as it was by Bassey himself.

That's why I liked Beales comments about wanting to look players in the eye before signing them.

I agree, Bassey is a great example but those stars will probably align once in a while.

I don't think there is any doubt that it was his physique aligned to attitude that were the main drivers. We provided the coaching and opportunity. Patterson was also a big and powerful lad who had real belief. Size and power seem to matter. 

Beale talks a good game and that has had a positive effect on our determination to eek out results, often in the second half of games. However, I wouldn't put much weight on soundbites in press conferences (he was big on loyalty at QPR, until he wasn't). The proof will simply be in the pudding and that will come soon enough.

We need to trust in MBs ability to indetify "hidden gems" and turn them into players.

I willing to give Beale (as well as Cantwell and Davies if they sign) the benefit of doubt (let's face it, Beale hasn't even had 2 weeks of 1 window and some are writing him and the aforementioned players off).

Fingers crossed because we don't need more non-producing large salaries, eg. Matondo.

34 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I've just realised that Lowry wasn't even on the bench at the weekend.

I'm annoyed that he's not getting more minutes. 

A hat-trick for the Colts in dreadful conditions last night won't have done his case any harm.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I've just realised that Lowry wasn't even on the bench at the weekend.

I'm annoyed that he's not getting more minutes. 

Sure he picked up a knock and missed Sundays game. Played last night along with Devine and King to get minutes. 

... and scored a hat-trick. I assume "his"  place on the bench was taken up by Roofe and I have no problem with that. Likewise, Matondo wasn't utilized either. Right now, you wonder whether Beale will start rotating the squad a little more than Gio/SG or whether he will, from now on, keep the same team to get results. Given that we have the 5 subs option and see rather dismal first halfs, you wonder whether squad rotation might be a better idea.

34 minutes ago, compo said:

Are there any other half decent clubs trying to sign this Todd Cantwell if not why not there must be a reason 

Blackburn were reported to be interested as well as other championship clubs. Rule in England is he can't sign a pre-contract with an English club until he had only 1 month of his contract left, where as we can sign him on a pre-contract now. 

Rumours were Blackburn and bid £4M but this was denied by Blackburn based journo who says we is coming to Rangers.

truth is we'll not know for sure if we, or anyone else is in for him. And to be honest, there weren't a host of "decent" clubs lining up to sign Bassey and Aribo when we got them.

Previously, Liverpool offered or were going to offer circa £20M for him.

Edited by CammyF

If we sign this Cantwell clown I am gonna lose it.

Even YouTube can't make this guy look good.

His highlight video is him walking, eating a hotdog.

Cho Geong Sung on the other hand---good Korean prospect--I would like to see that guy in a Rangers shirt. 

Edited by Malangsob

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

If we sign this Cantwell clown I am gonna lose it.

Even YouTube can't make this guy look good.

His highlight video is him walking, eating a hotdog.

Cho Geong Sung on the other hand---good Korean prospect--I would like to see that guy in a Rangers shirt. 

Is there a hidden message in that post ?

That Cantwell would have the Cho Cho chap on toast ?

😆

Edited by buster.