The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I like this Raskin...Cantwell not so much.

Whoever it is, they just need to stay healthy!

Like a GD black magic curse on the team.

Beale'e success or otherwise will be determined by recruitment.

What was interesting on the other side of the city, was that their best sustained burst of recruiment (in memory) came after the then new first team manager (AP), was given control over it. Unfortunately, the hit rate has been outstanding and that is why they are, where they are.

Previously, Peter Lawwell and his lackies played the most significant part in recruitment. From a financial/player trading model it was generally successful, but the hit rate was dubious, bringing in a lot of pish, as well as the odd success. It passed muster because we provided little competition during much of the time. It failed when we applied pressure, bad and complacent squad mgmt. and an awful managerial appointment in the Hampden showers.

Finance is fundamental to recruitment options and that is where we stuggle in relation to direct competition.

In an attempt to level things up, we have tried to squeeze value out of bigger risks (eg. injury prone, lost their way, etc.). I think we have done this too much and we are now suffering some of the consequences.

Urgently needed are a right back a left back a centre half all who know how to defend and we might as well throw in a goalkeeper until such positions are filled I can’t see us winning anything.

25 minutes ago, compo said:

Urgently needed are a right back a left back a centre half all who know how to defend and we might as well throw in a goalkeeper until such positions are filled I can’t see us winning anything.

As it stands, we are more than capable of winning domestic Cup competitions, but not the League.

A solid defence tends to be fundamental to winning over the long haul but tbh, it isn't the only area we lack in. It is all over the pitch and you can add energy and leadership.

9 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I like this Raskin...Cantwell not so much.

Whoever it is, they just need to stay healthy!

Like a GD black magic curse on the team.

I think Cantwell’s style will suit us. Playing in a team who are always in possession and looking to break teams down. He has the kind of creativity that we badly lack too. I can see him playing as the furthest forward of the midfield 3 a lot. A midfield 3 of Raskin, Kamara and Cantwell would be miles ahead of where we are now in terms of creativity. Not to mention being enjoyable to watch, what a novel concept. 

Edited by DMAA

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Kamara?

You'd need to have one of the ball boys with a Karcher pressure washer to hose him down with freezing cold water every 5mins to wake him up.  He can do Barisic as well while he's at it I suppose...

I think he has the skill set, and would show it more with more technical and positive players around him. He is also tied down for the long term so is part of our future unless we get a bid. 

23 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think he has the skill set, and would show it more with more technical and positive players around him. He is also tied down for the long term so is part of our future unless we get a bid. 

Seriously, Kamara has shown in the past he's a very capable player who can compete with the very best midfielders in the game but, for whatever reason, has completely lost his form and belief over the last 18 months.  His passing, positional awareness and anticipation have all been woeful since Euro 2021 and it's a pity as before then he was a key player for us.

If he can regain that form then, like you say, he could be part of an important unit which has bizarrely been allowed to rot and fester over the last couple of years.