The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

we had 2 choices once he was staying. Extend his contract and pay a million to Brighton. Let it expire and re sign him. 

we did that and he got a pay rise and we were no worse off. 

Thanks GS

So a clause of the original contract had an add-on that if extended had us due Brighton 1M pounds and effectively, by letting contract run down, we paid the money to the player instead of his former club.

Where did info come from?

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

Thanks GS

So a clause of the original contract had an add-on that if extended had us due Brighton 1M pounds and effectively, by letting contract run down, we paid the money to the player instead of his former club.

Where did info come from?

The usual leaks at the time to explain things that went on. 

seemed true enough but who knows. 

we do know that both Morelos and Kent have sell on clauses and pretty steep ones. 

I am just pointing out that we may be playing the long game here to our benefit. We may still be making a total arse of it of course. 

My guess is Kent will do this and Morelos will be away next week. 

We were supposed to have 2 or 3 players in the starting line-up this Saturday. Given we are now at Thursday and only signed one of our managers targets, while leaks of continual under-bidding for other players the manager wants in, and our team badly needs in, are abound with no conclusion, and nobody of any note leaving the club either to provide the spaces and finances, just WTF is our so beloved DoF doing? 5 days left now?

To me it now doesnt matter if we now signs Messi & Ronaldo, this DoF (or Chairman if rumours of his refusal to spend are true) has got to go. Shambolic window yet again, scrabbling about in the last few days when the manager has been on record for about 3 weeks now that his work in identifying and speaking to targets was done. If we were playing well with a fully fit squad I would understand it, but the only saving grace is that we have been winning while running on empty.

10 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

we are on a financial fair play watch list. 

worth remembering that.

FFP assessment is made over a rolling number of years (is it 5 years?) but I'd like to know when the FFP year ends in comparison to the payout of UEFA monies.

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I thought we were off that list.

As far as I can see we're still on the watch list, along with 17 other clubs. But our presence is very largely due to historical low incomes during the early years of the assessment period - and therefore rather artificial.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

we are on a financial fair play watch list. 

worth remembering that.

Yes due to board support during covid. This has passed and we should be fine moving forward.

Especially as we have sold 45 millions worth of players and managers since then.

Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.

14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes due to board support during covid. This has passed and we should be fine moving forward.

Especially as we have sold 45 millions worth of players and managers since then.

Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.

depends what we spend but yes. 

it also limits more money going in. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

it also limits more money going in. 

Yeah but ultimately we have to be self sustainable anyway. The director loans need to stop. We need to focus on Europe progress and player trading to balance the books and fund anything. I dont think this watch list is a concern given our recent accounts trajectory.