The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

What a revelation!

Not really, but earlier in the thread you seemed to be oblivious of said revelation.

So playing the smart cnut now makes you look well, a less than smart cnut 😁

18 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

That is my understanding as well. He wasn't interested in pre contract deals but rather wanted a deal which would allow him to play now rather in the summer to benefit his International aspirations. Several German clubs were circling to offer PC deals when window closes. There was a risk we would lose him if we waited until the summer due to bigger clubs offering better terms financial terms. Now or never for sure!

When I originally posted I wasnt aware of his not wanting to sign a pre contract - that does definitely change things.

None of those German clubs that wanted him are bigger clubs than Rangers, none of them.

18 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye but the board are bonkers and have just wasted our Summer transfer budget or something like that.  

Mate, you are posting as if you knew he wasnt prepared to sign a pre-contract.  You had no more of an idea of that being the case than those of us who didnt want to spend the fee and sell-on.

I could see you being all pious if your grounds for spending the cash were because of the pre-contract situation - but your grounds were that he could help us win a cup or two......

17 hours ago, DMAA said:

Raskin replaces Davis

Cantwell and Tillman replace Arfield

I’m fairly certain of those. 

Jack hasn’t been replaced and will renew for a year on a reduced wage I think. I think the funds available will be used in the summer for priority positions like goalkeeper, centre forward, centre back and possibly right-forward (Whittaker or similar).

All those positions are now higher priority than centre mid so renewing Jack for a year will be seen as a sensible move. 

Jack is still our best midfielder when fit.  Letting him go wouldnt make any sense as we still need a SQUAD, not a team.

7 hours ago, buster. said:

History tells us that fans speculating on what the precise reality was in things like fees, contract clauses, other interested clubs, what really motivates a player, etc..... is like pishing in the wind.

Really? Well, who would've thought! 100 + pages of Gersnet speculation on this thread alone. Thanks for the sermon. Here's my tip. Keep yer back tae the wind. It'll keep your shoes and pants dry. 🙄