[FT] Rangers 2 (Kent 47; Tavernier pen 52) - 2 Celtic

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

As we've seen on many occasions Celtic tend to get what they want (early call of league, Cinch deal, no investigation into running of the game). If they want rid of VAR, they'll find a way to get rid of VAR. 

I don’t think it’s as simple as that.  Much as they have the biggest influence, they can’t control all the votes and even they have to pick their battles. 

I think the sky deal is a good example of that.  Essentially the tail wagging the OF dogs, and there was nothing we could do to stop it.   

Just now, stewarty said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as that.  Much as they have the biggest influence, they can’t control all the votes and even they have to pick their battles. 

I think the sky deal is a good example of that.  Essentially the tail wagging the OF dogs, and there was nothing we could do to stop it.   

I hope not, but all this noise in media and from Celtic isn't for nothing. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I hope not, but all this noise in media and from Celtic isn't for nothing. 

I get it.  We’re so used to things going against us, seemingly against all sense.  But on this, it would essentially be going against the whole footballing world which has embraced VAR for all its imperfections.  It’s not going back in the box in my view 

6 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I get it.  We’re so used to things going against us, seemingly against all sense.  But on this, it would essentially be going against the whole footballing world which has embraced VAR for all its imperfections.  It’s not going back in the box in my view 

Maybe they settle for VAR aa long as its the likes of Hartson, Sutton and Tom Boyd who are doing the "reviewing"..... 😀

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe they settle for VAR aa long as its the likes of Hartson, Sutton and Tom Boyd who are doing the "reviewing"..... 😀

I think you’re onto something, my dear Watson!

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Hmm. Colour me cynical but I've yet to see anything from Celtic bemoaning the new TV deal for thier pals at Sky..

Indeed.   I fail to see why they would be happy with a deal that limits their income, much as we are.  But I think they saw an avenue to let us continue ploughing a lone furrow on SPFL governance, and are picking their battles to maintain as much influence as they can by seeming to place the rest of the country against big bad Rangers (again).

I see the yahoos' new Canadian full-back and ther fat, plate-smashing convict manager have both made comments to the press about the Goldson handball incident in the last couple of days.

Their PR (Paranoid Reach) is going into overdrive this week.  

better off dead paranoia GIF