Do we have a McGregor problem?

27 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

“Goalkeeper” - the clue is in the name. I like him to keep the ball from going into the net. He should be able to command the box and direct the defence at set-pieces. Anything after that is a useful bonus. 

We didn’t worry about McGregor until last season. He hasn’t suddenly lost his attack building skills. He never had them. He is leaking goals. That’s why his cup-final cameo should have been his last appearance.

Positional roles change. Goalkeepers now have to do so much more. 

We're limited if we continue with a pure shot-stopper. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I agree with that. It’s a medium to long-term solution, though, and most supporters don’t do medium to long-term. The foe is only three titles behind. Soon it will be two. Can we wait?

Records don’t really bother me I would rather our team be remembered for winning with skill and style playing the game the way it should be played sometimes watching our team these days gives me no pleasure and the longer it goes on no hope if we keep bringing in duds ,let’s give the lads a chance.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I agree. But Rangers don’t score enough to afford a goalkeeper with any weakness in his goalkeeping.

We can't afford a 'keeper without any weaknesses in his goalkeeping. 

It's my contention that a sweeper-keeper rather than a shot-stopper would better support the team. 

Remember many years back big Haffey got the blame for a dreadful defeat at Wembley yet next day the papers never mentioned our crap defence that day if we had decent defenders we could help safeguard the keeper 

4 minutes ago, compo said:

Remember many years back big Haffey got the blame for a dreadful defeat at Wembley yet next day the papers never mentioned our crap defence that day if we had decent defenders we could help safeguard the keeper 

Steady on, man. The fullbacks were Shearer and Caldow! The half line was Mackay, McNeil, McCann.  Definitely Haffey’s fault. Davy Wilson was left wing.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

We can't afford a 'keeper without any weaknesses in his goalkeeping. 

It's my contention that a sweeper-keeper rather than a shot-stopper would better support the team. 

I wonder what ‘keepers think. Do we know any? Or defenders?

Steady on, man. The fullbacks were Shearer and Caldow! The half line was Mackay, McNeil, McCann.  Definitely Haffey’s fault. Davy Wilson was left wing.

Just wondering how many caps the above players got after that day all excellent players in their own right and I have to exempt wee Davie he was a wonderful player and a very nice person to talk to .

14 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I wonder what ‘keepers think.

Goalies are like drummers.  Keep them in the background and don't ask them their opinion, as they're all a bit nuts.

Edited by Gonzo79