Scott Wright

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

We're way behind in the league and a disaster in Europe. We've had to struggle with our 5th and 6th choice centre backs for much of the season. Not that you need a reminder of that.

I sometimes wonder if I watch the same games as you. Kent has pretty consistently played as a number 10 under Beale, apart from a notable 45 minutes. He's been one of our best players post world cup.

We DO watch a different game. He's been equally bang-average by his standards tonight as he has been in the last few games.

20 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Agreed, I think Kent has been revitalised under Beale in the 10 slot, with the freedom to roam and pick up the ball in areas he can attack going both ways instead of being stuck on the wing where he is pretty predictable to defend against. I also see Sakala playing mostly under Beale as a twin striker. Sometimes we look like a 4-2-2-2 with Jack & Lundstrum as the 2 sitting, then Tillman & Kent trying to find the spaces in between the opponents packed defence and midfield and operating in behind Alfie & Sakala. We have looked quite narrow at times. Sometimes this works, sometimes not so well, but it is certainly the way it looks from the stands where you get a much better view of our formations than from tv.

Agreed.  We look narrow but we counter that by having Tav and Borna playing very high, which means the full backs give us the width.  This also can cause us problems at the back with little cover down the flanks, which is where Jack and Lundstram come in.  Lundstram would slide back to give us 3 CB's to provide some cover defensively, Jack often slides over to the full back slot being attacked when our play breaks down.

Last night was case in point.... Armstrong was playing very well and giving Borna a tough time.... yet Borna was STILL breaking forward to offer width when attacking.

I would be looking at trying to sign Armstrong in fact - there is most definitely a player in there.