Scott Wright

I like Scott Wright, have done since he played for Aberdeen so was pleased when we signed him.

I never expected him to be a Laudrup or Cooper or even a Neil McCann, but was hoping he could cement a place in our team. 

He has been unable to do this, but still think he is a decent squad player and he has delivered in cup semi-final and final.

I liked Beale's comments about instructing Wright to be more direct as that's when he is at his best.

Hopefully Beale and his team can improve SW's contribution as I think their is a player hiding somewhere inside Scott Wright. 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I like Scott Wright, have done since he played for Aberdeen so was pleased when we signed him.

I never expected him to be a Laudrup or Cooper or even a Neil McCann, but was hoping he could cement a place in our team. 

He has been unable to do this, but still think he is a decent squad player and he has delivered in cup semi-final and final.

I liked Beale's comments about instructing Wright to be more direct as that's when he is at his best.

Hopefully Beale and his team can improve SW's contribution as I think their is a player hiding somewhere inside Scott Wright. 

When you ask players like Wright and Kent to be direct and prepared to take on defenders, you have to accept much of what they try won't come off. That's always been true .... and is also valid for the best players. Wright can change a game every bit as much as Tillman or Kent and to that extent should definitely be retained in this squad. I find the criticism of him wholly unjustified.

7 hours ago, DMAA said:

Wright has always had that in his locker. Just watch his run against Celtic in the 3-3 draw at Pittodrie before we signed him, a great run. But he still isn’t good enough. 

eh ? lol

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

You want us to buy a striker to play in the number 10 position? :o

I want us to buy someone for the left-attacking slot currently occupied by someone who doesn't score enough goals for that slot. Simples. I'd use Roofe or Morelos there if Colak gets the central slot, but for one reason or another, they are currently unfit too.