Hemdani on rotation policy

Hemdani accepts rotation policy

Hemdani says he does not have a problem with the rotation policy

Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani says he accepts manager Walter Smith's squad rotation policy - despite making only two SPL appearances this season.

Hemdani, who has been superb for Rangers in the Champions League, said: "I accept the choices of the manager and I've said it many times."

The midfielder was linked with a move away from Ibrox earlier in the season.

"It was only speculation. There were many noises at this time, I don't know why," he told the club's website.

Hemdani said he was happy at Ibrox and that he was aiming to play as many games as possible.

Regarding Smith's squad rotation policy, Hemdani said: "This is how it is at the moment.

"If you are playing in the Champions League it is not easy for everybody. But if you play at Rangers you know the situation.

"It's always important to have the support of the fans, and I carry on and try to give me best for the team and the club."

Hemdani said he believed Rangers could win the SPL title this season, despite losing 1-0 to Hibs at Ibrox on Saturday.

"We are here to do it," he said.

"I think we have a big chance to win the league. If we have consistency - which we didn't have last year - then I think we can do well."

----

you've got to wonder how much you read is pure speculation and nothing more. in the world of the modern media the 'no smoke without fire' maxim cant be as generally accepted.

if we are really to believe hemdani in this interview then he's willing just to do what smith says for the benefit of the team. anything else is just mischief-making.

but what to believe?

Hemdani accepts rotation policy

Hemdani says he does not have a problem with the rotation policy

Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani says he accepts manager Walter Smith's squad rotation policy - despite making only two SPL appearances this season.

Hemdani, who has been superb for Rangers in the Champions League, said: "I accept the choices of the manager and I've said it many times."

The midfielder was linked with a move away from Ibrox earlier in the season.

"It was only speculation. There were many noises at this time, I don't know why," he told the club's website.

Hemdani said he was happy at Ibrox and that he was aiming to play as many games as possible.

Regarding Smith's squad rotation policy, Hemdani said: "This is how it is at the moment.

"If you are playing in the Champions League it is not easy for everybody. But if you play at Rangers you know the situation.

"It's always important to have the support of the fans, and I carry on and try to give me best for the team and the club."

Hemdani said he believed Rangers could win the SPL title this season, despite losing 1-0 to Hibs at Ibrox on Saturday.

"We are here to do it," he said.

"I think we have a big chance to win the league. If we have consistency - which we didn't have last year - then I think we can do well."

----

you've got to wonder how much you read is pure speculation and nothing more. in the world of the modern media the 'no smoke without fire' maxim cant be as generally accepted.

if we are really to believe hemdani in this interview then he's willing just to do what smith says for the benefit of the team. anything else is just mischief-making.

but what to believe?

Barry,on Sunday evening Henk ter Cate was angrily shouting he had no idea who was making up the Chelsea stories and it was all rubbish. Monday morning he was off so a lot of times the fire is there but they just try to keep covering it.

some of the players are happy with it but im not. i want to see our best eleven players on the park full stop. we the fans are getting short changed with mediocre team selections and performances this season. with the squad we have we should be fighting on all fronts but we seem to be sacrificing the SPL for the CL and thats just not on.

Even walter must be questioning his own judgement now.

The thing that annoys me most is that we now have a stronger squad than we have had for some time and yet we are chopping and changing for SPL and CL games.

Sorry but I agree with gisabeer - we should be fielding our strongest 11 ALL the time (unless someone is obviously fatigued, suspended or injured) and if we get injuries then you bring in one of your squad players, who should be able to do a job - and if you aren't confident they can do a job (at least in the SPL) then why were they signed in the first place ?

Play the strongest team that you have available in EVERY match - the CL is a luxurious bonus for us, the SPL is our bread and butter - no sacrificing the SPL for a nice European run for this bear !

what everyone seems to be presupposing is that walter does want to employ a rotation system. but he's not really said that - other than once saying hemdani was better suited to certain types of game.

maybe he genuinly doesn't know who his best team is yet, and is still experimenting. not saying thats the case - but its a possibility. i think the main problem is his experimentation seems limited to shuffling a few players about - certain players do not get dropped, so its not much of a rotation system.

i think you can over-analyse over a one or two game stretch - manager's tend to work in times: its either a time of struggling or a time of increasing hope, and i think this is a few poor results in a general trend towards more hopeful times than we've been used to. all my analysis, as with all of us probably, is a bit of a fun exercise, but i do trust smith to fundamentally look at these things and address them.

I don't like the rotation game because i think confidence is a huge part of winning. If we are chopping and changing every game then i think that works against building up confidence and therefore we get less fluency.

Guest davierfc

its about time we stuck with a tried and trusted first eleven i'm sick of this rotation but i understand that fatigue and injuries will come into it i think hemdani should be starting almost all of our games he was not player of the year for nothing and im sure walter and coisty will address this in the future for the sake of winning the spl

It is still a new squad,I don't think WS is trying to play a rotation squad as such,I honestly think he doesn't know his best team,and I still say the team he put out against Hibs should've been good enough to win the game