Morelos tweet

5 hours ago, craig said:

So a player now isnt allowed (or wanted) to post about the fact he scored two goals in a tough away game.

Have we all become energy sponges ?

Nothing wrong with him posting it.

It's more the fact that a player that has been lazy, overweight and miserable for 50% of his time with us has posted something about how hard he works after managing to score a goal. It's just a bit of a joke that he probably doesn't get.

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

It's more the fact that a player that has been lazy, overweight and miserable for 50% of his time with us has posted something about how hard he works after managing to score a goal. It's just a bit of a joke that he probably doesn't get.

He's done not to bad for someone who's been lazy, overweight and miserable for 50% of his time here. 

He is now our all time leading scorer in Europe, has passed Kris Boyds goal tally for his 1st stint at Rangers and has rag-dolled defenders all across Europe and on his day he is unplayable.

He was ran into the ground by Gio who must have been the only person in Scotland who couldn't see where that was heading. I know it's if and / or buts, but if he was fit at the end of last season, we would have won the EL. 

The media in Scotland have painted him as the villain, away fans detest him and have racially abused him on more than one occasion. 

Alfie is Alfie - you need to take him as  package and its no coincidence that Beale seems to get the best out of him in both his stints at Rangers.

Long may that continue as he fits Beales style dar more than Colak (who I rate)  ever will. 

The thing is, you don't actually have to take him as a whole package and I think that is what we are considering at the moment, we don't have to take him at all.

Look back at his stats, they aren't that spectacular, for the last few seasons he has barely managed to break 10 goals in the league.  He's certainly not banked enough to piss around as much as he does. He might have surpassed Boyd's goal tally for his first stint, but Boyd wasn't here as long as Morelos has been? And Boyd wasn't given the luxury of being the defacto number 1 striker in that time either. If we could get the Morelos that bothers his arse and works hard then I would sign him, but he's shown too often to me that he's happy to arse around whenever he feels like it. Unreliable is the word that comes to mind, inconsistent is something else.

Edited by PoohBear

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

The thing is, you don't actually have to take him as a whole package and I think that is what we are considering at the moment, we don't have to take him at all.

Look back at his stats, they aren't that spectacular, for the last few seasons he has barely managed to break 10 goals in the league.  He's certainly not banked enough to piss around as much as he does. He might have surpassed Boyd's goal tally for his first stint, but Boyd wasn't here as long as Morelos has been? And Boyd wasn't given the luxury of being the defacto number 1 striker in that time either. If we could get the Morelos that bothers his arse and works hard then I would sign him, but he's shown too often to me that he's happy to arse around whenever he feels like it. Unreliable is the word that comes to mind, inconsistent is something else.

Good luck replacing him for £1M - thats what we paid for him.

He is a "package" and I think, and this is important in any discussion we have about any player, MB, understands and relies on what Alfie brings to the team and get the impression he is keen to keep Alfie. 

As for being unreliable, his longest absence from the team came when our former manager played Alfie when he was clearly injured leading to long lay off and argueably cost us the Europa League. 

However Rangers fans being Rangers fans, we wouldn't be happy if Haaland was playing up front for us. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Good luck replacing him for £1M - thats what we paid for him.

He is a "package" and I think, and this is important in any discussion we have about any player, MB, understands and relies on what Alfie brings to the team and get the impression he is keen to keep Alfie. 

As for being unreliable, his longest absence from the team came when our former manager played Alfie when he was clearly injured leading to long lay off and argueably cost us the Europa League. 

However Rangers fans being Rangers fans, we wouldn't be happy if Haaland was playing up front for us. 

Poor argument really, it's nothing to do with his fee or 'rangers fans being rangers fans', it's looking at him and asking whether he is reliable enough to give a new contract to. For me, certainly not as a top earner anyway, and whatever contract we did give would have to be loaded with incentives rather than a high salary.

Edited by PoohBear