Things Will Get Ugly At Rangers

Just now, lenny3k said:

bare in mind we have a higher quantity of players in the first team squad earning first team wages...

This, of course, is by no means a justification, its a problem in itself...

According to the Transfermarkt site Rangers have a squad of 32 players worth a total of 136.45 million euro while the other mob have a squad of 26 players worth a total of 104.6 million euro. Their info may not be exactly correct, but unless it is wildy off it points to poor transfer business in & out imo. 

1 hour ago, lenny3k said:

bare in mind we have a higher quantity of players in the first team squad earning first team wages...

👍 Of course, you're right. I forgot about that

Beale is a new manager, in his career he's spent all of 9 months as the man in charge. That's not long and as such we have to accept he'll make mistakes. The midfield chosen for the cup final didn't perform. I can understand why he chose to go with the experience of Kamara and Lundstrum to balance the youth of Tilman. There is absolutely no guarantee that had he started Raskin and Cantwell the match would have finished any differently. Starting is different from coming on as a sub. 

What's important about Beale is learning from his mistakes. We play Celtic again in a few weeks, it'll be interesting to see what we do differently then. Beale is a gamble, we're gambling that someone recognised as a very good coach can become a very good manager. It's not going to happen instantly though, he'll need some time and support. Wether he'll get it is another matter. 

Pedro's big downfall was his inability to learn from his mistakes. Fingers crossed Beale is smarter, and luckier. 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Beale is a new manager, in his career he's spent all of 9 months as the man in charge. That's not long and as such we have to accept he'll make mistakes. The midfield chosen for the cup final didn't perform. I can understand why he chose to go with the experience of Kamara and Lundstrum to balance the youth of Tilman. There is absolutely no guarantee that had he started Raskin and Cantwell the match would have finished any differently. Starting is different from coming on as a sub. 

What's important about Beale is learning from his mistakes. We play Celtic again in a few weeks, it'll be interesting to see what we do differently then. Beale is a gamble, we're gambling that someone recognised as a very good coach can become a very good manager. It's not going to happen instantly though, he'll need some time and support. Wether he'll get it is another matter. 

Pedro's big downfall was his inability to learn from his mistakes. Fingers crossed Beale is smarter, and luckier. 

I'm not sure Pedro even knew he was making mistakes, which is maybe why he never seemed to learn from them.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Strange one- seen this last night and looks like it's been deleted

I thought I saw him in and around the tunnel area at yesrerdays game. However, I was in last row of Broomie Rear so might have been mistaken.