Clancy Ref For Saturday

Our players don't give the refs much excuse to book them against Celtc these days.  

'Just let them run past and don't bother tackling them' seems to be how it works.

If you're getting beat, hit them.  Nudge them.  Scythe them down.  At least show a bit of desire.  

I fancy we'll witness another yellow belly display on  Saturday.   

Edited by Gonzo79

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Our players don't give the refs much excuse to book them against Celtc these days.  

'Just let them run past and don't bother tackling them' seems to be how it works.

If you're getting beat, hit them.  Nudge them.  Scythe them down.  At least show a bit of desire.  

I fancy we'll witness another yellow belly display on  Saturday.   

We tackle like pansy boys in fact we play like pansy boys time to add some steel to our club let the opponent know he’s been tackled.

It’s vital we start the game well & don’t allow them to get on top of us early on. The manager must get his game plan & tactics spot on. And we must be seen to be creating chances.

They are not world beaters. Their Euro record under skippy proves that

25 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

It’s vital we start the game well & don’t allow them to get on top of us early on. The manager must get his game plan & tactics spot on. And we must be seen to be creating chances.

They are not world beaters. Their Euro record under skippy proves that

I'm not sure they actually need to be world beaters.

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm not sure they actually need to be world beaters.

Of course they don’t need to be world beaters but when you read about them in the mhedia you’d think they were & skippy had half the EPL wanting him as their next manager

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Of course they don’t need to be world beaters but when you read about them in the mhedia you’d think they were & skippy had half the EPL wanting him as their next manager

Don't read the mhedia. 

At least as important as anything Celtic do is whether or not our manager has learned anything since the LC final. If he employs the same tactics then we're sunk before we start. It's a huge test for Michael Beale.

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

At least as important as anything Celtic do is whether or not our manager has learned anything since the LC final. If he employs the same tactics then we're sunk before we start. It's a huge test for Michael Beale.

I see this as the major influence on the outcome tomorrow. He has twice messed up against the bheasts in his 2 matches against them this season. Poor game management and substitutions in the new year game, and a dreadful selection in the final. Has he learned from this or will we see another overly respectful pine-up which is selected to try to cope with our opponent while ignoring our own strengths and letting them worry about us. I think we will have a fair idea how this game is going to go about an hour before kick off tomorrow. I'll either be just as deflated and anxious as I was on the walk over from Shawlands to Hampden, or right up for it and looking forward to it. 

If we select the correct line-up and formation, and do not make early mistakes which gift them a goal, then we will be in the hunt for victory, and it may come down to the use of the bench.

I really hope Beale has learned the painful lessons and even I will be right behind him if this happens.